• This topic has 20 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Will I regret taking mud tyres off!?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

It just seems too dry for them now

Dibbs
    Free Member

You could get away with slicks on the Quantocks at the moment 😀

uplink
    Free Member

I'm thinking of going to small block 8s – it may well be a short experiment though

Drac

Well I've not regretted never ever putting them on.

Ti29er
    Free Member

This weekend was: mud tyres off, tubless RRalf on for both bikes.
    Zoooooooom!

VanHalen

i changed to mud tyres and it got sunny and dry.

i`ll let you know when i change back.

hora
    Free Member

Couple of weeks ago I put the Ardents on- then it chucked it down 😕

poppa
    Free Member

You'll be really p1ssed off come October.

tracknicko
    Free Member

could always swap them back? its hardly like building a new bike up is it?

binners

I can't believe you've vocalised that sentiment. You do realise we're all cursed to 40 days of rain now!

D0NK

Whatever you do don't put semi slicks on, it'll be your fault when it immediatley starts raining.

will
    Free Member

put some small block 8s on, and ordered some more summer tyres! I do have conti 1.5s if it gets muddy again:)

RegP
    Free Member

Semi Slicks, I only have one set of tyres and keep them on all year, then never need to worry about choice until they wear out!!!

tang
    Free Member

i took the risk, and against form, have had dry dusty rides all week! prob piss down tomorrow…..

Talkemada
    Free Member

DON'T!!!!

The second you take them off, we shall all be doomed to another sodding sodden 'Summer' of torrential rain and flooding! 🙁

Keva
    Free Member

took the bonty mudx's off at the weekend, nice and dry round here at the moment.

running a wtb exiwolf 2.1 upfront and a conti explorer 2.1 on the back of one bike and schwalbe smart sam 2.1s on another

Kev

steve_b77
    Free Member

I like my mud tyres in the dry, they're still pretty fast but grip on roots etc.

Arguably not as fast as my 2.1" Ignitor exceptions, but they can sometimes scare the crap outta me when it's loose/rocky

br
    Free Member

I took my mud tyres/wheels off a couple of weeks ago, and even removed mudguards on Friday!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Haven't used mud tyres for a month or so – crud catcher came off this week too 🙂

mrelectric

Yup, I took my mudguards off too. Though one crappy THE rear bracket snapped off anyway. I've got my Panaracer TrailBlasters on still which are great in the mud and last week too on the mainly dry moorland, rocks & roots. I am thinking going back to last autumn's Toro's soon..do all weather-tyres tempt fate?
    Watch the jinx though, yeah, I had my Nokian Hakka studded ice tyres for a week before the first thaw; brilliant in snow but missed the real ice sheets that they are superb for.
    Anyway, it will now rain hard because I put slug pellets around my garden.

hora
    Free Member

I hate the Crudcatcher, binned it mid-ride (in a bin) and STILL cant get the fixing bracket off.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Will I regret taking mud tyres off!?’ is closed to new replies.