Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Will Guy Martin ever get a bloody tt win???
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Third again!!!! And a lucky one to be fair!!

warton
    Free Member

Not this year unless he’s very fortunate. Seems quite a bit off the pace

wrightyson
    Free Member

Not a happy boy either!!

daveells
    Free Member

propper pi22ed off chief!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

Nope just missing that last .5% like Jason Griffiths

skiboy
    Free Member

Pigface got it right , I call it the coulthard/webber syndrome , he’s good just not good enough , shame I like his style, we can’t all be the best

carbon337
    Free Member

Not unless he goes pro IMO and ditches this part time truck thing that he can go back to anytime. Oh and ditches the TV nonsense. Cracking bloke mind but that extra 1% he needs just isnt there as it is for the Dunlop lads and McGuinness

dogbert
    Free Member

He’ll get it, maybe not this year but it’s in the stars. To be honest I think a switch from the Suzuki to Honda would eek out maybe 1 or 2%.

Thing is he’s got a great attitude, he seems like a proper genuine bloke and he’s not up his own arse like a lot of bike racers out there. He’s a great ambassador for the sport and the footage of him with the kids from the primary school t’other day talking about his favourite tea was great.

More tea vicar?

epicyclo

Can’t wait for him to retire and become a MotoGP commentator.

Then we won’t get hyper excited sycophants waffling about the pop stars and footballers who are walking around the grid and not getting us interviews with the riders.

stevio

and he does ride bikes, real mtbs that is, and he’s handy – done 2 End2Ends in reasonable time

CountZero

Reading his Fb page, it seems he backed off because some twonk of a marshall waved a red flag by mistake, so he got overtaken and couldn’t catch up. It could be seen on the telly apparently. No wonder he was at home to Mr Grumpy.

postierich
    Free Member

Great article in MBR this month!

brakes
    Free Member

it’s Michael Donald I feel sorry for, poor lad keeps getting shit bikes

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dunlop didn’t give up tho, obviously got it running again and decided to finish, probably as much for the crack as owt!

Merak

Pigface – Member

Nope just missing that last .5% like Jason Griffiths

Like Andy Murray.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Tim henman, jimmy white, Colin montgomerie, eddie Irvine, David ha………

stevio

look for the TT 2011 Supersport 2 press conference on You Tube around about 3m10s – he was live on the local radio at the time

brakes
    Free Member

quality stevio, bit of chaffage!

Popocatapetl

Hope Guy has a good run in the Senior tomorrow. he deserves a good result. Stevio, Greetings! T.Cain is visiting tomorrow and we’re off over Cutgate in the afternoon. Talk soon bro.

yoda
    Free Member

If he has the same grip he had t’other day on the first lap and a half before he said the grip went a bit, he’ll be on the top step of the podium Friday!
    He’s guilty of thinking too much at times, needs to just think lines and throttle.
    Even at race speed silly things enter the head, ” am I pushing too hard?” ” can the bike stand six laps at this pace? ” “will I throw the chain if I land a bit harder/further next lap?”

I still think he missed his best chance when he dropped his chain in the pits the other year.

stevio

popocatapetl – at least i know what you troll under now! Sat hi to Tony – whats happening with number 3 & his visa? bit sad he didn’t at least say hi when he was over the other week though glad he went to see gran….

Enjoy Cutgate – did you see the Garmin track from Colden on FB? Nuts, plain nuts

racefaceec90

he’ll get his wins.have no doubt about it at all.good luck guy 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I thought that staged interview in the school was awful, Guy Martin was uncomfortable, the kids didn’t have a clue who he was. Just a bit of an opportunity for the sponsors to get more air time.

uplink
    Free Member

He loses his times settling into the laps from the start and after fuel stops
    By the time he gets his board at Ballaugh he’s already on the back foot

In one of the Manx radio interviews he was talking about needing to workout how to be more efficient at the start of the the non-flying laps

I’m not bothered whether he wins or not, it was good to see Gary Johnson do it, his first lap was amazing.
    I suspect if Hutch was racing, Martin’s job would have been a whole lot harder with a win even further out of grasp. Great TT riders are almost unbeatable if they can stay focussed and the machine holds up, they seem to have a way with the place that others can’t get.
    I don’t think there’s anyone there this year, McGuiness is now passed his best, Donald and Anstey are good but not dominant Micheal Dunlop may come up and dominate but he’s very hard on bikes and , TBH, I fear for his safety sometimes.
    Gary Johnson may have now figured the place out, we’ll have to see

It’s a great place for racing, you need a good bike but the rider will always make the difference.

Pigface
    Free Member

With Michael Dunlop i sadly think its just a matter of time.

scaredypants

wrightyson – Member
    Tim henman, jimmy white, Colin montgomerie, eddie Irvine, David ha………

you don’t mean,… ? 🙁

maxray
    Free Member

some twonk of a marshall waved a red flag by mistake

to be fair they are all volunteers and I hardly think it was done on purpose, twonk is a bit far.

He’s just not up to Dunlops pace currently

😀

jwt
    Free Member

I’d like to think he might one day………..

uplink
    Free Member

The explanation of the red flag at Union Mills

“During the Monster Energy Supersport 2 Race a red flag was briefly waved in error at Ramsey Hairpin. Bill Callister, David Madsen-Mygdal, Dave Hewson, Scott Wilson and Daniel Cooper stopped at that point, as required to do under the regulations.

The red flag was reported by Manx Radio’s TT commentary service and the flag marshal at Union Mills, believing that the race had been red flagged, initially raised his own before promptly withdrawing it again. This flag was seen by Keith Amor, Cameron Donald and Guy Martin, who all slowed down before proceeding again at race speed.

In the opinion of Race Control the podium places were not in any way affected by this incident and the riders who stopped at Ramsey were given estimated times to compensate.”

The Senior race if off at 12:15 if anyone wants to follow it, they can listen to the commentary and see live timings here

http://ttlive.iomtt.com

RustySpanner

Bruce Anstey always reminds me of Steve Hislop – unbeatable on a good day, useless when he’s not in the mood. He’s such a quite and unassuming bloke I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves.

At least he’s been practicing this year – he used to put the bike away after the TT and not touch it for another 11 months!

Dunlop scares me too. He’s so commited it’s hard to watch sometimes. I’d love to see him race short circuits, He’d be a real breath of fresh air.

billysugger
    Free Member

1 Hour delay.

Can’t believe there’s this many rr fans on here, cool.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is it on live TV anywhere or do we have to wait until ITV4 show it later on?

uplink
    Free Member

Is it on live TV anywhere

no – just Manx radio
    It’d too big to do live without the benefit of editing

uplink
    Free Member

Senior now scheduled for 15:30

wrightyson
    Free Member

Please no spoilers on this thread!! Has it rained earlier or is it raining now??? It’ll be the usual 9pm tune in for me, much to her annoyance! 😀

Blackflag
    Free Member

In an interview with one of the sunday magazines last week Guy Martin make some comment about not wearing deodorant as that was for “birds and gays” so im not convinced he’s that great a bloke!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Can’t believe there’s this many rr fans on here, cool.

Is it me or is the TT the best sporting TV coverage around? It’s a massive circuit and they do a brilliant job. I love it when the bikes outpace the helicopter though… 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

Has it rained earlier or is it raining now???

Rained over near Ramsey around 11 but then started hailing at the Gooseneck around 12

uplink
    Free Member

We could have a STW ride/watch the TT week next year?

leave the motorbikes at home

CaptJon
    Free Member

I know nothing about motorbike racing, but who would you compare him to in the mtb world? Rob Warner?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Will Guy Martin ever get a bloody tt win???’ is closed to new replies.