Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Will Glentress be rammed tomorrow?! :o
  • mrplow
    Free Member

I wanted it all to myself! 🙁

nmdbase
    Free Member

Doubt it on a weekday

partyboy
    Free Member

Yep rammed full of workshy cooncil wurkers

druidh
    Free Member

FCS is public sector, innit? They’ve put a barrier across the entrance and are picketing it.

mrplow
    Free Member

Damn the need for the strikes Druidh! I may have to take an egging to cross the picket line. I have worked hard to have the rest of this week off in annual leave.

partyboy
    Free Member

They’ve put a barrier across the entrance and are picketing it

Unlikely, most of the striking workers will be sat at home watching daytime telly in support of the cause.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Last thursday i counted 6 folk – we were there all day

simonralli2
    Free Member

It was busier than I expected last Wednesday, augmented by one very fit shift worker and one author and writer needing some fresh air 🙂

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Yep but tomorrow is a school “holiday”. I imagine GT will be busy.

As an aside I’m taking the day off to look after extended families kids so if anyone else is even thinking of going to pirate island tomorrow – be warned – your kids would be safer elsewhere!

jota180
    Free Member

Riding any FC land tomorrow is scabbing – fact

what’s the point in those guys going out if you come along and negate their effort by strike breaking?

mrplow
    Free Member

Help! Where can I apply for emergency dispensation to ride GT tomorrow??? 😯

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Lol @ jota! Nice try.

jota180
    Free Member

mrplow
    Free Member

Is it scabbing in my case? I’m not striking and it could be likened to using roads or ending up ill in hospital…

jota180
    Free Member

As long as you’ve convinced yourself, you’ll be OK

heuer27
    Free Member

I think you’ll find it difficult to get there due to the horrendous flooding sweeping Scotland at the moment.

mrplow
    Free Member

Is Trafficscotland usually up to date on flood problems?

heuer27
    Free Member

Should be they’ve just advertised it in the local news

jota180
    Free Member

Is Trafficscotland usually up to date on flood problems

probably are when they’re not out on strike in solidarity with the FC boys and girls

mrplow
    Free Member

Does that mean I can’t trust the met office either?!

A simple trip to GT becomes an epic against the system! :mrgreen:

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Today is damp – and cold. Tomorrow is forecast a lot better. There is some standing water – nowt extreme.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Gt will be fine today and not busy. If ya dont want to break a picket line head up janets brae to the buzzards nest.

hels
    Free Member

I’m sorry, but riding your bike in a public park is not strike breaking get a hold of yourself…

And anyway it’s a public holiday in Scotland for most public sector workers anyway for St Andrews Day.

jota180
    Free Member

I’m sorry, but riding your bike in a public park is not strike breaking get a hold of yourself..

I think you need your ‘is this a wind up’ specs on hels
    cos you missed that one by a mile 🙂

mrplow
    Free Member

lol.

As a follow up GT was utterly mint today :mrgreen: Cracking trails, decent weather, great company and a good lunch at the cafe made for a great day out. Tommy two thumbs all round.

Topless bus with strikers went by my house this morning shouting abuse at me as I put my bike in the back of the car. Shame it rained on them all day… 😆

druidh
    Free Member

mr plow – Member
    Topless bus with strikers went by my house this morning shouting abuse at me as I put my bike in the back of the car. Shame it rained on them all day…

A bus with topless strikers might have been a bit more entertaining.

mrplow
    Free Member

Would have been full of public moobs!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Will Glentress be rammed tomorrow?! :o’ is closed to new replies.