Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • wild camping in Scotland
  • Pook

ardnamurchan peninsula specifically.

Aside from midges, is there anything we should watch out for, be aware of, or generally know before we go up there? Is it all crofters land? How would we know?

thinking of pitching somewhere here….

http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=144189&y=770019&z=120&sv=144189,770019&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=719&ax=144189&ay=770019&lm=0

thanks in advance

jad
    Free Member

You'll be fine there – a lovely spot.

Take a rod and get some fish from the rocks around there.

stabilizers

http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.com/upload/Full%20Access%20Code.pdf

This should pretty much explain most of what you need to know.
    Its a big document but if you search for 'wild camping' it will tell you your and the landowners rights and responsibilities are.

Kunstler

A fantastic place that is. The beach is really lovely – though I was baffled by hearing a snipe (bird) for the first time. It is a unique sound, very un-birdlike.
    We took bikes along the back of the beach to join the road to Ardnamurchan lighthouse. There was a really tiny cottage above a bouldery bay where an elderly couple offered to go put the kettle on because the tea room would be closed by the time we reached the lighthouse.

Pook

this is all great advice guys – thanks so far!

Moses

I was up that way last week.
    Very lovely, but make sure you have your lighter, it's a long way to the shops.

Also, check yourself for ticks regularly. I collected lots in Morvern, including one very attached to my right testicle.

😳

epicyclo

It's Scotland.

Basically go anywhere, camp anywhere, within the bounds of good manners and consideration for others.

Waderider
    Free Member

I'll be there for the first week of July, staying in a caravan at Branault. An annual thing for me.

Just to mention Kilchoan Hotel runs a campsite in their grounds. Not that you have to use a campsite or anything though.

willy
    Free Member

sanna sands is amazing!

j_me
    Free Member

+1. A great spot, long drive in though!

crouch_potato
    Free Member

Not a bad beach, we found the remains of a turtle washed up on a much better beach a shortish ride from there a couple of years back. 😉 Oh and +1 to taking some tweezers for the ticks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘wild camping in Scotland’ is closed to new replies.