Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Wiggle. Is it getting a bit rubbish?
  • franksinatra

Placed order 8.30am today, still not processed.

A couple of weeks ago placed and order on Thursday am, not processed until Monday

Order before that took about 4 days to process.

Always used to process the same day or first thing the next day if ordered late in the afternoon. Have their standards slipped or am I just unlucky?

Wiggle was always my default online store, might venture back to CRC at this rate.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Just use Merlin, next day for me everytime and bargain prices.

andrewh
    Free Member

Postage speed seems to have dropped off. However, they are excellent if you need to return stuff, something CRC are @&*% for and a reason I avoid them at all costs. If you are really fed with Wiggle try Merlin.

richcc
    Free Member

I tend to trawl around PBK, Wiggle, CRC and Merlin. Have no real loyalty to any of them and buy on price generally just take my chances on delivery. Ordered SRAM cassette from CRC on Monday night and was pleased to get it in today's post

JamieMc
    Free Member

Cant comment on wiggle but just recieved a set of revelations from Merlin with a free raceface deus headset thrown in as a wee surprise. niiiice! 😀

franksinatra

I do / did have loyalty to Wiggle, I like their prices (platinum customer), like their website, reviews, ease of ordering, service and ability to go via Quidco. I usually can't be bothered hunting around for price on low value stuff like bar tape. Oh, I also love the occassional Haribo.

Don't mind if stuff gets caught up in the post but there is no excuse for taking so long to actually process an order.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff from CRC on the 28th May which still processing….ordered a jopin seatpost on Monday and it arrived today…I am quite loyal to CRC but I'm starting to get fed up with late deliveries and orders processing for for days without any notifcation 🙁

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Took a few days for my last orders to be processed too, nothing that would put me off them though. If stuff turns up the next day it's nice but I'm not generally in that much of a hurry. I like Wiggle but like richc I usually just order on who's cheapest from Wiggle, CRC and Merlin.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

defo been more dissapointed recently with wiggle but i agree for returns there's nowt better!

big_scot_nanny

Actually my experience is opposite. They used to have a relatively poor selection for what i wanted, a frustrating processing time and with slow delivery. Recently been superb however, shoes, brakes, bits and bobs at rocket speed.

Just wanted to throw it in.

CRC also been great as usual, plus free water bottle recently, maybe getting a bit slower with postage. Never used Merlin. *logs into merlin wesbsite*

PBK have got the WORST returns process ever. It's like steeping back into the 20th century.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Is there a market for a bike version of a motor factors?

z1ppy

PBK? 😕

bigant

Never had any problems. I'm in Australia and was a bit bewildered when my last order of 3 things was sent in 3 separate packages over a couple of weeks (it wasn't all in stock) even though it was free shipping. I can only assume the mark up is enough to cover the shipping cost. I'm surprised they don't have a "don't send 'til it's all in stock' tick box like Amazon. Had a couple of problems with CRC over the years but they always dealt with it quick and easy.

PBK=ProBikeKit

jammiedodger
    Free Member

Maybe catching up after the bank holiday weekend. My Monday order shipped today including one item that was not in stock at the time of order.

Philby

Had very prompt delivery when ordering a Gore Gilet from Wiggle recently.

Jamie
    Free Member

Talking of prompt delivery 😯

MRanger156
    Free Member

Fat birds don't fly is worth a look. Not the sane stock levels as crc/wiggle but cheap and fast delivery.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

merlin – superb

wiggle – were superb, processing times have slowed down – not delivery times (once despatched, here next day – got a free goodness shakes with a cheap order a few weeks back mmmmmmmmmmm)

crc – slowed right down with despatch times – and awful getting through to them

ukbikestore – pretty tarned tootin if in stock, usually despatched same day as above, just not quite as cheap as merlin on a lot of things.

merlin hands down for me though, order at 8am, 9.9 times out of 10 you get an email by 10 saying its being despatched!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

CRC Returns? I've only returned one thing to them, a month late. Posted at 2pm, email saying ti was processed at 10am the next day, money back in account 2 days later.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I've had no problems with my last few orders. Happy to use Wiggle.

btbb
    Free Member

When I asked about the delay in processing a couple of weeks ago I received this reply:

"Please note, due to the high volume of orders customers that have chosen priority dispatch will be served first, your order was placed in a queue . Sorry for the inconvenience."

This may explain the delay if you've chosen the free delivery. I didn't have a problem with this but I was expecting same day processing.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I just ordered something from Wiggle and it's true that the processing wasn't quite as quick as normal (about three days). However, I rarely need items urgently so delivery time isn't really a priority. As others have said, it's basically whichever is cheapest out of CRC, Wiggle or Merlin.

cookeaa

I can’t believe the whinging girllyness of some of you lot!

Are you actually sat there glued to the screen waiting for confirmation of every step of your order?

I’m still impressed with anything that takes less than a working week to arrive and costs way less than RRP, so I can’t feel any sympathy for those of you who get all huffy once 72 hours has elapsed…
    Talk about having your cake and eating it, you want it as cheap as possible and on your doorstep yesterday…

They are online retailers, I go with which ever one offers what I want at the best price I don’t expect them to teleport it to my door 5 minutes after I place the order, the concept of “loyalty” to a chuffing website is laughable….

Goons… 🙄

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle. Is it getting a bit rubbish?’ is closed to new replies.