Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Wide Handlebars – Recommendations please….
  • Northwind

+3, use whatever rise feels right for you, need doesn’t come into it.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yes, although the shift towards lower rise bars has its reasons. Obviously it’s not a one-size-fits-all solution, but some people would benefit from a lower rise bar than perhaps they have had for the last few years.

GW
    Free Member

what you meant to say is

+4

HTH

bruneep

What are the pros and cons of carbon bars? Apart from less money in my pocket!

grim168
    Free Member

well seeing as crc only had 38 raise left thats what I ordered. Im sure my poor back will thank me for it.

Northwind

bruneep- they’re lighter for a given strength, and they make you more attractive to the opposite sex. On the negative side, cackhanded people often manage to damage them by massively overtightening the clamps, stem etc which can cause them to fail. And abrasion damage can be an issue with a badly set up bike.

As far as strength goes… depends how much you want to swallow a marketing line but the Easton Monkeylite DHs were allegedly too strong for the stress tester that they used on their alu bars, they had to build a new machine to break them… And the current Haven is supposedly just as strong despite weighing as much as a wet far.

Some people think they make a difference to trail feel. I have no idea if they do or not.

GW
    Free Member

they certainly made quite a difference to “trail feel” when my mates snapped during a DH run 😉

rmacattack
    Free Member

i went for answer pro tapers over the easton havens, as they have a bit of extra length incase you need to cut. well i have not been disappoinented since, there an awsome bar, but there pricey enough for an alu bar. was gonna get same sunlines as op nbut the rise was to much for me, and no colour option

beargotsoul

Thanks for all the posts, sunlines ordered :0)

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Wide Handlebars – Recommendations please….’ is closed to new replies.