Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wide, Flat Carbon bars
  • Chainline
    Free Member

Finally found a wide flat carbon bar, Exotic, 750mm, 31.8 from Carboncycles.

I am scouting in case I feel the need to drop the front on an impending 140mm 29er.

Anyone have experience of them. It will get used in Enduro racing in the UK, Alps and Italy so it’s gotta be strong.

If Easton made a Havoc flat I’d be there in an instant but…they don’t..

Its light, as most flat bars are, but I’d rather it was strong.

3ttt do their extendo at 740mm, but I would prefer 750mm, The Extendo Pro is quite a lot heavier which makes me think about the strength of the Exotic. But I could be wrong?

I have mailed them about its use.

Anyone else crying out for a wide flat bar less than 300g….

chrispo
    Free Member

Did you get them in the end? Very tempted but a bit worried…

chillidave
    Free Member

Not quite what you’re after but I put a thread up on here a few months ago about the riser equivalent. Had mixed responses but they mainly feel into two camps: “don’t have them and they’ll break” and the others were “do have them and they haven’t broken”.

I bit the bullet and got myself a pair, very happy with them. Ridden and crashed them in the alps, and no reason to doubt their strength. Nicely finished, very comfortable. I’d recommend going for them, they do have some pedigree with carbon.

jasonm945
    Free Member

I have some, I ain’t light, they haven’t broken!

Nuff said!!!

Jay

chrispo
    Free Member

Thanks! Do you happen to know whether they take bar ends? Can’t see this on their website.

chrispo
    Free Member

I emailed CC and they say yes they can take bar ends

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wide, Flat Carbon bars’ is closed to new replies.