Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Whyte G150
  • Rik
    Free Member

Anybody seen one in the shops yet?

Look stonking value at just over £2k – only downside I can see is the Pike fork is not RC3.

But I’ve emailed loco to see if you can upgrade the fork for a reasonable cost.

Rik
    Free Member

4 year warranty on the frame too

corsair
    Free Member

Don’t know about the G150, but I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody had stock now as some of the other Whyte bikes have been delivered to dealers this week (picked up my T-129 Works yesterday, Wednesday :mrgreen: ).

chowmein
    Free Member

Corsair, waiting for my works to arrive in shop. First impressions ?

corsair
    Free Member

I got back quite late from picking it up so I only had time to take it out for a quick buzz around a couple of local trails before it got dark, but so far so good! I’ve swapped from a 26 so I’m relieved to find I really can tell the difference as it does roll over things better and it feels more stable (partly down to the geometry of course, but so long as it works…). As a test I managed to coast all the way down a very slight slope where the old bike used to need a bit of pedalling, so it does roll well.

Still got some adjustments to make to the fit (hmmm – maybe I should start a thread on that…) and I think the sag needs reducing as it was set towards the soft end of the range and without my full riding kit on, but it did feel very plush so I think it’ll still be fine when it’s firmed up a bit. It felt well controlled even as it is though – it’s definitely the 2014 Fox kit (I asked!) so thankfully it has the damping improvements. Overall a very smooth, fun ride, and impressed by the fast, positive gear changes (the bike, not me), which are noticeably better than the SLX 3×10 on my last bike.

Oh, and not that I really care but the battleship grey with black/green lettering thankfully looks much better “in the flesh” than it does in pictures. 😆

mattjg
    Free Member

The 650b trail/enduro category is starting to fill out nicely now:

Whyte
    Saracen
    Kona
    Rocky Mountain
    Turner
    Intense
    Santa Cruz

owt else?

should be some nice pickings next year

chowmein
    Free Member

@corsair Do you mind me asking where you got your t-129 works. I put a deposit down for one at leisurelakes wolverhampton mid-august and the initial date I was given, 27th August has moved back to sept 10th. I have a feeling it will move back again.

Prolly will cancel the order and wait till Spring to see what is about as my heckler is probably more suited to winter hacking anyway.

nwgiles

mattjg – Member
    The 650b trail/enduro category is starting to fill out nicely now:

Whyte
    Saracen
    Kona
    Rocky Mountain
    Turner
    Intense
    Santa Cruz

owt else?

lapierre

tmb467
    Free Member

nicolai

Kryton57

Yeti
    Trek

nacho
    Free Member

Cube

mattjg
    Free Member

Anyone seen a G-150 in a shop or in the wild yet?

ivar67
    Free Member

My dealer tell me the first g150’s are delayed a month. Delivery is now end of September , anyone else had the same message?

corsair
    Free Member

chowmein, got my T-129 Works from Broadribb Cycles in Bicester, ordered through their website Discount Cycles Direct. I was asking them about the T-129S via email when the guy phoned me to say they’d just heard that there was going to be a works version and was I interested. Some of the spec wasn’t clear at that point (4th July) but I put a refundable deposit down anyway so I’d guess I was one of the first to do that, and my bike was certainly due to be in the first shipment (which it was).

They did tell me that there would be limited numbers in that first shipment, IIRC Broadribb were only getting 4, so what with that and you ordering about the time that shipment arrived in the UK it makes sense that your bike would be on one of the later shipments. That first one was delayed by 9 days, so maybe not surprising if there are delays on the other shipments too. Broadribb were very good about keeping me updated, but obviously they have to rely on what Whyte tell them and they only found out about the delay on mine because they called Whyte to check – Whyte hadn’t let them know. Maybe they would have eventually, but I’d guess your best bet for an update is to get the dealer to call Whyte and ask specifically what’s happening with your bike. I suspected there would be more delays on mine, but only the one in the end.

Hope you get something sorted out either way.

mlstone999
    Free Member

Chowmein – Did your delivery slip again? I am being quoted mid December for a Works if I order now!!!!

My dealer has the T129s in stock – Is the Works really worth the wait and the extra dosh?

chowmein
    Free Member

Got mine yesterday, if I had ordered an S I would have had a few weeks ago. For some reason there seems to be a lag on the works. Is the works worth the xtra dosh ? Well thats subjective, personally I have always preferred Fox and Shimano. Also like the Hope hubs …

stumpytom
    Free Member

Got my G150 last week and promptly took it up to Wales for a run down the Snowdon Rangers path, a loop of the Penmachno trails, the beast of Brenin and a day at Bike Park Wales. It was brilliant. It climbs really well considering the 30 odd pound weight, no bob at all when sitting and spinning, comfortable to pepal all day long but when the trail points down it is amazing.

Really confidence inspiring, the Pike forks are brilliant and really held a line through the rough Welsh rock, brakes are fantastic even in the hacking rain that accompanied us for most of the trip. Even the stock WTB tyres seemed spot on. My only sliight gripe is that the BB is pretty low on my small frame so I do have to be wary of pedal strikes, but to be honest the low BB helps the handling and if it really becomes a problem I will put 170mm cranks on it. Other than that it is a brilliant and it is virtually unrivaled for spec at the price range.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Whyte G150’ is closed to new replies.