Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whyte 829's here….
  • charlierevell
    Free Member

So… here’s my first venture into the 29er club!

Hoping to get out tonight and see how she goes.
    Some how its lighter than my old Whyte 19 Race (26in wheel, carbon seat stays…)

On and strangely, its meant to come with 1 1/8th steerer and a QR fork.
    Rather nicely its come with a proper tapered fork and QR15.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Well…. as there is so much interest I thought I’d update.

Rides bloody nice, feels very quick and cant really understand the way the bigger wheels dont feel any slower.
    Only thing that does take some getting used to is the ability to get out of ruts…. feels like it has some wheels flex and doesnt really want to climb out. Will have to remember to lift the front wheel to get it out rather than just turning I guess!

nicko74

That’s a nice looking bike! Does it come with normal sized wheels? 😉

13thfloormonk

Yes 😉

Nice bike, if I wanted to go 29er I guess a Whyte would be top of my list, the 26er equiv is great!

Pooley
    Free Member

Yeah, thats nice Charlie. Did you find some company last night?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Evening Dave… yes I found company thanks. Met up with your group for a quick spin on a very different route! Thinking about going back up later actually.

13th – I loved my 905, till I broke it (my bad not theirs!) They sent a 19 Team as a replacement and as fast as it was, it didnt have the fun factor.
    This takes me back to my 905 again, brilliant fun!

dexterbexley
    Free Member

I demoed a 20.5 (the biggest) and it was way too small for my 6ft5. Apparently an XL size is coming next year.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I nearly bought the 29C but cost reality bit and i went for the Cube reaction 29er.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Thats a 20.5 and its just right, but im only 6ft 1. I can imagine it felt a little small!
    I wanted a 29CS but they’re not doing them in Large now til 2013 🙁 Thought Id play with this first and maybe jump up to carbon next year. Only a couple of pounds weight between the two (and the CS is running much lighter kit all over!)

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Nice bike BTW, Whyte really know how to make lovely bikes.

JRTG
    Free Member

It’s my size too and its good to see you have set it up properly (apart from it not being singlespeed) none of this high stem nonsense on an already higher front end! I’ll make it back to the quantocks some day soon for a pootle. My niner has now been delayed for a month 🙁

takisawa2

Its nice but its made from the wrong metal. 😛

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 829's here….’ is closed to new replies.