Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whyte 19 Trail
  • ActionJackson
    Free Member

Just bought a medium Whyte 19 Trail frame and the misses will shoot me, another bike!! Anyway i'll deal with that. Always liked/wanted one of these, anyone got one and what do you think? Piccies of yours would be good. Currently riding a Spesh Stumpy HT.

Thanks

Dibbs
    Free Member

I like them, that's why I've got 3 😳

ss
    Free Member

Love it, it's got pikes that I use anywhere between 100 and 125mm travel. Other than that just normal everyday xt level stuff, xm321 rims and kevlar 2.35 high rollers (not pictured, as it's in it's winter guise)

Pretty capable downhill but still feels like a weapon up the hills.

timax
    Free Member

Love mine…. superb! Although I've managed to dent the top tube …or should I say the missus did 🙁

She knocked it over on to the edge of door as she passed by it …. the slight dent is in my eye line every time I ride the bike 😕

Just out of interest SS how come you use zip ties on the crud and not the bolt fastenings on the under side of the frame…? 🙂

ss
    Free Member

Ha, that's a funny one. When I got the frame the threaded holes for the crud catcher had lots of excess paint and I mistakenly thought that they took a smaller diameter bolt than a normal bottle cage mount. The photo was taken while I was waiting on Whyte telling me that all I needed to do was chip away a bit of the paint and use a normal bottle cage bolt.

All sorted now 🙂

supercyril
    Free Member

Here is mine

I got shot of my full sus for this and i have never regreted it.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

The main thing with the 19 trail is it's great geometry. 😀
    Sleek lines, stays and of course the useful dropouts as well as the subtleness of the branding on my one. 8) 😛

Also, you can hang off any type of kit off the frame, ranging from quality xc light to heavier cheaper kit aswell.

The all up weight is absurdly light bearing in mind, I have fairly light kit dripping off it.

Need to get it up to Scotland some month – sooner rather than later 😉 .

The BB30 also makes a noticeable difference, especially with the carbon cranks and OMG, the ceramic bb bearings are just simply blindingly good on mine.

Pics:

Any specific questions? shoot! 🙂

Dibbs, is that another Ti trail there I see before my screen ❓

messiah
    Free Member

I like my 19 steel. It's great for the forests etc but I need a bigger gun for the mountains.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Tee, hee!!

nickwatson
    Free Member

A bit late to the topic. Here’s mine …

Running fairly standard, with 1×9 setup – 36t chainring, e13 bash and n-gear jump stop, plus nuke proof flats and ergon grips.

Nick

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 19 Trail’ is closed to new replies.