Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Why the speed counting?
  • tails
    Free Member

why were sunderland so keen to be the first to announce, why not just do it at a normal pace?

Jamie
    Free Member

Tradition innit.

jon1973
    Free Member

They think there is some kind of kudos associated with coming first.

My wife doesn't buy this argument 😆

paulosoxo
    Free Member

tails – Member

why were sunderland so keen to be the first to announce, why not just do it at a normal pace?

Job'n'nock. innit.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don't like things done quickly, they're never done properly. I don't think its something to be proud of, in fact I think it's fairly childish in such an important matter.

molgrips
    Free Member

Geek rivalry.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Because that's how politics in Britain is now. It's degenerated into a US style media circus/TV game show/beauty contest fun fun fun extravaganza.

colnagokid

'soxos got it, sooner youve counterd sooner you go home. council innit 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Because the lights go out at 10:30 in Sunderland. The rest of Britain has electricity all night.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

They think there is some kind of kudos associated with coming first.

My wife doesn't buy this argument

Ha ha ha 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It's A Knock-Out, The Ballot Box Game, this evening in Sunderland :

RoutineDean
    Free Member

Well Hung, Hung parliament? what's the difference, it applies to the same thing doesn't it?

Knob's 😕

Carbis

Because of the betting on which constituency will declare first – I used to be a bank clerk and was offered a chance to do vote counting on the basis of speed and accuracy. I can still pick up fake notes or coins on feel even now.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

because they want to be first at something?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I wish the rest of them would hurry it up a bit I'm proper tired now.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

lol, yeah my missus has just come downstairs and asked if Labour have won yet. It's going to be a harsh awakening in the morning for her but…it's closer than I expected.

Bloody Loughborough. They've mixed it up a bit.

falkirk-mark

So they can make it in time for last orders

coffeeking
    Free Member

So they can return questionable results. How much effort was taken to ensure it was done accurately? How much are some people willing to make adjustments to ensure they're the first to return? Who's betting on the first to return?

Not a game to be played with the public vote.

jon1973
    Free Member

So they can return questionable results.

I think they just throw loads of people at it, rather than trying to make people count faster. I'm not sure it's any more inaccurate then anywhere else. Someone has to be first.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think they just throw loads of people at it, rather than trying to make people count faster. I'm not sure it's any more inaccurate then anywhere else. Someone has to be first.

Throwing more people at it invites more room for mistakes too though. It doesn't sit well with me. It's not the fact that someone is first, it's the fact that they rush to be first.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Why the speed counting?’ is closed to new replies.