• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Why the negativity?
  • UK-FLATLANDER

Why is it that soo many threads on the forum are so negative toward bike companies and LBSs? It seems that a chunk of people on here want LBSs to stock every component, in every size, fit it for free and better internet prices – and of course provide free tea and biscuits! Whilst I admit there are some rubbish shops about, there are also a good number of real gems that hold a reasonable stock, provide a good service and charge a fair price. Personally I think that it is only fair that those running the shops make a fair living for there efforts. I think we should all remember that many cycling manufacturers are relatively small concerns in the grand scheme of things and can't gain the advantages of economies of scale that we might find with other good. Come on guys/girls what about more supportive posts and less bashing???

stumpy01

Well my LBS got me a rear mech hanger in 2 days for my (at the time) 6yr old bike.

I planned ahead for an upcoming trip & thought 2 days was perfectly reasonable…..

Some people just want the moon on a stick….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I have a superb LBS for which I have nothing but appreciative praise.

I ride Orange. Nowt more to say about that, really…

lunge

I think my LBS is great. It is Race Co Cycles in Stourbridge and i have never had a bad word to say about them. A great little shop IMO.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

😆 we're great! or so a lot of customers tell us…..but your welcome also to try the internet co's…..it often reinforces what we do and stimulates a bit of loyalty..

HansRey

there are some awful bike shops. I could name two LBS but i won't. However, Langsett Cycles of sheffield are superb.

br
    Free Member

Just look at their customers…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Why the negativity?’ is closed to new replies.