Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Why oh why can't I ….
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

…remember a car’s registration number. Just had a driver take exception to me slowing him down when I cycled through a narrow gap on the road where there is a crossing point. He went past and slammed his brakes on. I managed to avoid the back of this car but as I went past the ‘driver’ immediately drove to the right forcing me into oncoming traffic! Luckily the oncoming car managed to stop quickly giving me time to stop before going over his bonnet.
    Obviously the red mist descended and the less than brave driver decided to pi$$ off. By this time anyone who saw it all had gone.

coatesy
    Free Member

The ar*ehole who did something similar to me didn’t notice the red light ahead when he did it, surprising how they aren’t such a hard man when they’re trapped in a queue.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Closest I’ve come to being killed. Seriously thinking of hanging my road wheels up.

MrNutt
    Free Member

had you allowed adequate distance and consideration for the speed of the traffic you were adjoining when you cycled through a narrow gap on the road where there is a crossing point?

B_Leach
    Free Member

Mr Nutt, isn’t that a little irrelevant though?

MrNutt
    Free Member

are you accusing me of ever being relevant?

McHamish
    Free Member

Get one of these…

Or one of these…

Or one of these…I think the outfit and silly beard is optional. But you could get some laces for the boots.

B_Leach
    Free Member

point taken MrNutt, touche

plop_pants
    Free Member

MrNutt. I was riding on the main road. There was no traffic in front of me. I was riding down hill through the crossing point at around 25mph in a 30 limit. The car behind couldn’t overtake me at the crossing point and seemed to take umbrage by overtaking very close to me after the crossing and then slamming his brakes on. I can’t think of anything about the way I was riding that would have provoked such a response. And as for pushing me into oncoming traffic……

MrNutt
    Free Member

it does seem both excessive, idiotic and down right bloody dangerous, were you wearing lycra, do you have a long thin moustache or perhaps a stylized beard?

plop_pants
    Free Member

Well I must admit I do wear lycra shorts and they are wearing a bit thin and so are a little see-through in the crevice area.
    OMG It was my fault after all! 😳

MrNutt
    Free Member

well I’m not suprised, no self respecting motorist would appreciate being given “the brown wink” from a roadie as they were making their way home for dinner, I just hope to god that their wife doesn’t serve up toad in the hole, it could be murder!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Probably just going faster than aforementioned car whilst looking reasonably chilled and content. Seems to wind most of them up that does!!

McHamish
    Free Member

You were wearing lycra shorts? Perhaps he thought you had stolen some fruit from the market and you were trying to smuggle it home. He probably on a fruit and veg forum right now asking if anyone is missing anything.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Sometimes being borderline aspergers does help…

The guy that ran me off my bike got clocked two weeks later, chased and made to issue a grovelling apology… 😈

MrNutt
    Free Member

:swoon: my hero 😀

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

TBH, he wasn’t exactly scary. 😉

plop_pants
    Free Member
    pitduck
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Why oh why can't I ….’ is closed to new replies.