Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Why no xfactor thread?
  • emma82
    Free Member

And why is Louis Walsh such a massive bell end?

Jamie
    Free Member

Why no xfactor thread?

Because we are all manly men doing men type things such as rescuing kittens, replacing tyres etc.

X-Factor is for the laydeez.

*runs*

emma82
    Free Member

How many kittens have you rescued today Jamie? Measured against how many you have *killed* {you know HE kills them don’t you } 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I think my stats are about average for a 30ish year old male:

Saved: 3

Killed:7578574857845704895485647567465745647856478564756475674564

emma82
    Free Member

Bit on the low side there

Jamie
    Free Member

I know. I should really try and save more. Thing is I am too busy wan…..

Harry_the_Spider

Because it is mindless shite.

emma82
    Free Member

Lol 😳

It’s not mindless shite. It’s quite challenging for some of us.

If I’m honest I haven’t got a clue but dermot is rather nice. Nuff said. Don’t. Judge. Me

boxelder

I managed to sit on the same sofa as my wife who was watching said televisual ‘entertainment’ for almost 7 minutes. Barlow was making fun of Louis for choosing a poor song for some guy in a suit who needed a shave. I lost consciousness, started ‘sleep mumbling’ about my girlfriend and then wet my pants.
    It was the only escape I could come up with (not having a spade and a bunch a plucky, stiff upper-lipped chums to hand)
    Was it good?

stucol
    Free Member

What Harry said !

And cos i’m watching “Fighting on the front line”.

camo16
    Free Member

Everyone who’s posted ^^^^ not only watched the show, but also (secretly) wants to be Louis Walsh.

I guarantee it.

Being a bloke, I had way more important things on my mind. Matters of state, that kind of thing.

The Irish lass is pretty.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I went to sixth form with Dermot. Nice guy.

As for X Factor, it offers nothing new. The first few shows are all about mocking the mentally ill, the middle bit is about sob stories and the last is about moulding some genuinely talented people into singing identikit ballads.

I therefore have nothing to do with it or any of the merchandising, it’s simply on television far too much IMHO.

emma82
    Free Member

There are lots of men who watch, they just don’t want to admit it. I think we need proper Saturday/Sunday class TV threads, preferably as a sticky. Mods? This would need to include strictly too obv.

john_drummer
    Free Member

it’s karaoke. that’s all it is.

some of the contestants can sing better than the others. nothing new there.

now if they were composing, arranging, writing & rehearsing their own original material, and possibly even choreographing it, now that could be interesting. but no, they’re not.

kevj
    Free Member

SCDW?

emma82
    Free Member

Super collision damage waiver??

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I went to sixth form with Dermot.

“Dermot O’Leary (born Seán Dermot Fintan O’Leary, Jr.) is an British television and radio presenter and celebrity who left school with only two GCSEs.”

Not the most able pupil at Colchester Sixth Form College then ?

TooTall
    Free Member

Dull 21st Century ‘variety’ shows – manufactured pseudo reality that shows how little imagination most TV show companies and the general public have left in them.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not the most able pupil at Colchester Sixth Form College then ?

Did you go onto Wikipedia specifically to find a stick to beat Mr O’Leary with, or was it just a happy coincidence?

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Why no xfactor thread?

Cuz its gay…

Well most people like it but don’t admit to it i think… unless you’re a teenage girl.

project
    Free Member

Its very interesting when you look into the production, the slick editing, and the time they have to get the show together, some good music, sadly some of it destroyed by Kareoke singing, but a very good effort, better than dancing intio a coffin on bbc.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Did you go onto Wikipedia specifically to find a stick to beat Mr O’Leary with, or was it just a happy coincidence?

Why do do consider a lack of academic ability “a stick to beat Mr O’Leary with” ?

I simply find it fairly astonishing that he only managed two GCSEs in sixth form college, specially considering how successful he has been.

But I have no better academic achievements myself – for no reason other than I wasn’t up for it. Can’t see why that would be a criticism.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I suspect his success since the age of, what 16, 17, 18, is not related to his academic ability at that age.

I make a reasonable living out of IT. If you were at university with me in the early 80s, you’d find this just as surprising as Mr O’Leary’s post-GCSE success.

some people are crap at exams. others can’t be bothered with them. Doesn’t mean they’re no good

project
    Free Member

For Tv and media work persoanlity , no matter how annoying,is more important than academic qualifications, when ever do you get asked hard questions on tv, on probabaly on QI.

emma82
    Free Member

I’m sure he sits in his big house with his nice cars parked outside with a good looking lover next to him and openly weeps at his shite GCSE results. Every night without fail. Weeps and weeps and weeps 😥

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s quite challenging for some of us.

I found ‘Deal or No Deal’ simply too much to comprehend. My flatmate mocked me in a cruel and heartless manner. 😥

convert

It’s a terrible, cheap, tacky pile of crap. And that goes all for all those shows be they, singing, dancing, dancing on ice or eating bugs.

But the urges of violence and loathing I feel towards anyone that is involved with them or professes to be a fan of them says more about me than them! In my head I think I’ve piled all I despise about low brow western society and dumped it on Cowell and forgotten it’s just a TV show for not very bright people.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Every night without fail. Weeps and weeps and weeps

You wait until Louis Walsh finds out you think he’s such a “massive bell end”…….I can’t imagine what the waterworks will be like.

project
    Free Member

Convert , did the voices in your head tell you that.

Most modern televisions you can change the channel remotely or even switch it off.

convert

Yes – but at least the voices don’t sound like Ant and/or Dec, Cowell, Cole, or Brucie…yet… 😉

Most modern televisions you can change the channel remotely or even switch it off.

and thank **** for that!

emma82
    Free Member

Where’s that haters will hate lol cat when you need him.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

or Brucie

That’s below the belt – everyone loves Our Brucie.

The man’s a towering icon, in the world of light entertainment.

PJM1974
    Free Member

As a matter of fact ernie, he resat his GCSEs in the first year there. As did I, for I also left school with two GCSEs. One of my closest friends left with three GCSEs and since emigrating to the states is now CEO of a well regarded game studio.

I can safely report that I have a decent job and an enviable list of qualifications. Some people don’t get into their academic stride until their late teens.

stumpy01

My brother used to flat share with Dermot O’Leary as he was just starting out on his televisual presenting journey (Dermot, not my brother).
    There was about 3 or 4 of them in a nice flat in Queens Park.

I met him a few times and he was a really nice bloke.

Not bothered by X-Factor though. What a load of cak (erm, even though I watched it last night).
    Oh look, there’s the large one with the great voice, there’s the blonde-diva, there’s the vulnerable school girl, there’s the bouncy boy band, there’s the crazy comedy act that will be kept in for way too long……..

And the bloke who won it last year appears to have done nothing all year, but pop up on X-Factor last night…….

RATM for Christmas number 1 anyone??

BoardinBob

RATM for Christmas number 1 anyone

From what I can tell, they’ve shunted the live shows forward by a few weeks to avoid the xmas number 1 debacle

NJA

Didn’t watch the show, but did get the X factor Pizza from Asda (£2 special offer) – I enjoyed that far more than I would ever enjoy the show.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Saw the comedian Steve Hughes on Sat and go along with his assessment of the X factor.

Anyone who lives in a country that has a musical tradition that includes Motorhead, Judas Priest, the Beatles, the Stones, the Sex Pistols, the Clash, the Jam, the Smiths, the Petshop Boys, Blur, Javis Cocker and Ami Winehouse and who still watches the X factor is frankly a bit of a c**t. 😀

binners

I definitely didn’t watch it. Definitely not. No… I was erm…. wrestling a crocodile while simultaneously punching a gorilla. Or summink

Anyway…. while I definitely wasn’t watching it, and those 2 hideous Essex munters came on

my four year old daughter said “why have those men got dresses and make up on?” Seriously. Kids – you’ve got to love ’em 😀

Lifer
    Free Member

It’s not ‘just’ karaoke it’s fixed karaoke, they use auto tune on the adutionees they want to be the contenders and leave the ‘ho ho ho they can’t even sing’ people to be laughed at sans autotune

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Why no xfactor thread?’ is closed to new replies.