Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Why no Sticky's on STW?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

I’ve never understood why there are not sticky’s on here. Things such as post your x, basic faq and a few other bits and pieces would make things a tad easier. Whats the crack mods?

titusrider
    Free Member

there are stickies when they are warranted (eg bullheart fundraising, emergency services over christmas)

the stuff your after is found in the rules and is unwelcome on the forums (IMO)

RealMan
    Free Member

Cause they’re boring and no one would read them.

Jamie
    Free Member

Stickies are coming with the new forum upgrade in 2008.

IanMunro
    Free Member

My keyboard’s sticky.

donsimon
    Free Member

http://www.foromtb.com/forumdisplay.php/35-Rally-X-Country-Marat%C3%B3n
    Because I’m not wading through 265, 827, 409 etc pages of stickies to find what I want.

kudos100
    Free Member

Stickies are coming with the new forum upgrade in 2008.

Ah, it makes sense to me now.

headfirst
    Free Member

There should definitely be a sticky concerning grocers’ apostrophes.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Use the search function!

donsimon
    Free Member

There should definitely be a sticky concerning grocers’ apostrophes.

Why? Whose upset you now? 😉

kudos100
    Free Member

Use the search function!

Use it all the time, as you can’t really get the most out of this site without it 😉

Having an Faq and few other bits that get asked a million times each week would be no bad thing IMO.

Jamie
    Free Member

There is a forum help section though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Having an Faq and few other bits that get asked a million times each week would be no bad thing IMO

In fairness it’s about time we had a where does your username come from thread.

kudos100
    Free Member

I can’t see anything about what bike should I buy, what tyres for winter and other useful tips for beginners.

Jamie
    Free Member

I can’t see anything about what bike should I buy, what tyres for winter and other useful tips for beginners.

If you had a sticky with those topics in, the whole bike section of the forum would be made redundant.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Maybe we just need more sub-forums and possibly IM?

I’d probably use the forum a lot more if it had this additional functionality.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d probably use the forum a lot more

😐

kudos100
    Free Member

If you had a sticky with those topics in, the whole bike section of the forum would be made redundant.

I doubt that somehow. A good percentage of posters have no interest in what bike should I buy, and what tyres should I buy. Having an faq and a few bits that get asked every week would help out beginners, and leave the bike forum free from constant repetition.

Perhaps even just a sticky about how to use the search function effectively for beginners?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Why no Sticky's on STW?’ is closed to new replies.