Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Why do they have to make it so difficult?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I have misplaced my riding glasses and the only place I can think I put them down is the ticket counter at Northampton station this morning. They are a set of Giro Havik so I would like them back.

So I popped onto the internet thinking there would be a phone number for the station. Nope, just a national information line. So I phone that and it takes a few options and a decent wait to speak to a semi-human. He couldn’t give me a number for Northampton station (no, not Nottingham, Northampton. That is in Northamptonshire, not Nottinghamshire…) so has given me a number for Euston. According to their answer machine they are open from 9am to 5pm on weekdays. But not at 9.45am when I rang them hoping they could put me in touch with the correct place.

Why oh why do they make it so difficult to speak to a real person at the location where, hopefully, my glasses are?

I guess my course of action now is to wait until I get there at 6pm tonight and the staff is already down to a skeleton crew with better things to do that help me.

Apologies for lack of random capital letters, even when miffed I find it hard to do.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Isn’t Northampton great? 😛

Hope you get your glasses back!

crikey
    Free Member

If it was easy to get things back, no-one would take care of their stuff.

They’re doing you a favour, really.

project
    Free Member

General services information
    Customer service Yes
    Monday-Friday 07:00-19:00
    Saturday 08:00-16:00
    Sunday 08:00-16:00

We are open from 07:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00 to 16:00 on Saturdays, Sundays and all Bank Holidays except Christmas Day. A recorded message service is available outside of these hours.

Left luggage No
    Lost property No

Enquiries regarding lost property can be made by ringing 0207 387 8699 Mon-Fri 0900-1700

British Transport Police 0800 40 50 40

stumpy01

What number did you ring?

I found this from Yell:

Northampton Railway Station Be the first to add a review Northampton Railway Station
    Black Lion Hill, Northampton , NN1 1SP 0.3 miles SW Tel:

0845 7484950

Or there is a lost property page on their website, here:
    http://www.londonmidland.com/your-journey/lost-property/
    advising you to contact the customer relations team, here:
    http://www.londonmidland.com/about-us/contact-information/

where there is an 0844 number, but also an equivalent 0121 number if you are phoning from a mobile, which makes a refreshing change.

I imagine they’ll tell you to just wait until you are on your way back & ask when you get to the station, but gotta be worth a ring?

Mister-P
    Free Member

LOL, thanks crikey. I have to say it is a lesson learned.

Mister-P
    Free Member

That is the number I phoned. It is definitely not in Northampton and may not even be in the UK.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Why do they have to make it so difficult?’ is closed to new replies.