Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Why can't I find a 25.4mm stem?
  • MrsMugsy
    Free Member

I need a new stem and my bars aren’t 31.8mm. Don’t seem to be able to find a stem with a 25.4mm clamp size.

Is it totally old fashion or what ? do I need to get new bars???

I just don’t understand…. 😐

stumpy01

Chain reaction usually have some 25.4s…

disben

Howdy – I have a Easton EA50 120mm – 6 degree rise one available if you are interested…? LIttle use – £13 posted…?

Stoner
    Free Member

feel your pain mugsy.

Im after a silver s/h thomson 25.4mm. Rocking horse poo.

lasty
    Free Member

FSA 100mm 6* rise – available NOW !
    A tenner Unused , email lasty40@hotmail.com 😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Im after a silver s/h thomson 25.4mm. Rocking horse poo.

I managed to find one on the bay of fleas for my Roberts, they are out there.

mav12
    Free Member

planet x

james
    Free Member

25.4mm is 2 ‘standards’ out of date:
    http://singletrackworld.com/2012/04/sea-otter-2012-eastons-new-35mm-standard/
    35mm is where its at ..

What length stem are you after? If you look hard enough theres usually been something to buy? Havent looked for a while though
    Are bontrager still doing 25.4mm (though 2bolt clamp) stems?

relliott6879
    Free Member

I have a 25.4, 0 degree, 105mm FSA XC115 in pretty good condition (few minor scratches here and there, can post a pic or two up if you wish).

£15 ono posted?

onandon
    Free Member

Kcnc still do 25.4 stems in all sizes. Try clee cycles or burls.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

SS have cheap 80 and 100mm ones.

edd

I have an Ibis titanium stem for sale; 120mm long, 1 1/8″ steerer, standard 25.4mm bar clamp with, I think, 10 degrees of rise.

Ibis Stem by eddkh, on Flickr

e-mail by eddkh, on Flickr

mike_p
    Free Member

I’ve have an 80mm (Superstar) and a couple of 90mm (Kore + FSA) FS. Think I’ve got a Deus 70mm somewhere too. Drop me a line…

crazy-legs

I’ve got a couple of black Race Face 25.4mm stems knocking around – think they’re 110mm. £20 posted if you’re interested.

jamesATsingletrackworldDOTcom

float
    Free Member

cant you shim it out to a 31.8 stem?

takisawa2

I have a Non O/S, black Thomson 50mm.
    But yer not avvin it. 8)

Non O/S lover (luddite?) here also. Prefer a bit of flex in my set-up. Works well with rigid forks.

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

Thanks for all the offers. I need a 90mm with some rise (about 10deg).

I’ll get an FSA from crc. wanted a nice thomson one but nevermind…. i guess it does the same job.

SimonR

MrsMugsy – I found a Raceface Turbine stem with a 25.4 clamp in my magic box-of-spares at the weekend. Think it’s an 80mm but I can check when I get home. It’s been in storage for a while but is in pretty good nick – the finish is a black powder-coat. I was going to put in on the classifieds when I got round to it …

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

Simon, I’m interested if it’s 90mm… let me know.

cheers

speaker2animals

CRC have Hope stems, 90mm long, 10 deg rise, 25.4mm bar clamp, silver, in stock £66.99.

SimonR

Hi again MrsMugsy,

RF stem measures in at 90mm – can’t quite judge the angle but it looks like it’s at least 10 degrees. I’ll try and sort out a couple of photos and mail to you.
    Stem is a bit dusty and the bolts holding the faceplate on are a bit rusty but it’s only on the surface. All bolts have been well greased and are nice and free. The rest ofthe stem is in great condition – just a bit of wear on the underside where it’s in contact with the headset/spacers.

Cheers,

Simon.

SimonR

Hello again. Pics should be in your inbox.
    Cheers,
    Simon.

hora
    Free Member

I have two Thomson Elite stems; 70 and a 90mm but only the bodies so you’d need to swap round the rest but it’d give you the option to setup/change with each new bike: markhoracekuk at yahoo.com

Andy-R

I have a black Thomson stem, it’s 90mm but 15° rise – any use?

tonyplym
    Free Member

Aspire still have one or two Thomson ones in stock – haven’t purchased from them recently, but in the past they’ve always been a quick and reliable supplier.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Why can't I find a 25.4mm stem?’ is closed to new replies.