Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • whos got a yt jeffsy?
  • sefton
    Free Member

pics and report please?

anything to touch it on price and quality?

transporter13
    Free Member

Would also like to know this…especially people heights and what size they went for. Been hovering over the base model for the last week…. Seeing as it’s now down to £1299 😯

dumbbot
    Free Member

At that price I was seriously considering it as well, I just cannot bring myself to buy a bike with PF bb,…mmmft.

creagbhan

Took delivery of CF Comp 2 2 weeks ago. Only been out a couple of times but seems quicker up and down than my previous bike, El Guapo.
    Got a medium, I’m 5ft 8 with 30 inside leg. It feels big til you sit on it, then it fels perfect.
    Changed the tyres to Butcher/Purgatory and I’ll keep the Ibexs for a nice dry Scottish summer. The saddle that came with it is in the bin.
    The bars were fine but changed to Easton Haven Carbon from ubyk.
    The rest of the component are, IMO, unbeatable for the price.
    [/url]IMG_20161126_133453974_HDR by Kenny Small, on Flickr[/img]

submarined
    Free Member

Not a Jeffsy, but I’ve had a Capra CF.
    It was really well built. Well put together, brakes needed a little adjusting, but other than that, all really good. Service was good, had a minor warranty issue which was sorted super fast with no quibble, and it rode really nicely.
    I know it’s carbon not ally, but I’d say that the frame was better made than my Patrol.

I’d happily buy another YT. If I were in the market for a short travel trail bike I’d be all ove ra Jeffsy right now. Astounding value for money.

bedfordrd

Have a Jeffsy AL Comp 1 (SRAM equipped), and apart from the flippin’ reverb having the sag of death out of the box (and now getting worse – and these are super-duper revised model jobbies as well…), I love it!

5ft8.5inch, 30.5inch inside leg – went for a medium – fits perfectly.

I was dubious about the tyres, but converted to tubeless and with the right pressures I’ve been pleasantly surprised. Off-piste FOD in the loam, they gripped. Cannock in the damp – they gripped.

Apart from needing to recalibrate the brain for the bigger 29″ wheels (I also have a Trance and Reign in 27.5) I’ve had no problems whatsoever with riding it. It’s quick steering – the front lofts oh so easily and feels really light and lively.

Spec for the money is top class (apart from Reverb…) and I paired it with a set of Hope F20 pedals.

Changes: changed the 32t chainring to a 30t. That’s it apart from adding a e-mount OneUp chainguide yesterday. (it’s a ‘belt and braces’ approach – I want to race this so need to minimise chain-drop (which it hasn’t yet))

Tested these in the summer when YT did their tour – loved it then, love it even more now. If I ever had to reduce to just ‘1 bike’ (heaven forbid!), this would be it. The Reign gets used for Alps and uplift days, but I fear the Trance’s days are now numbered…

So good, my g/f has bought one as well (she has an ‘SX spec’ Liv Intrigue currently), and we’ll be racing them in the Les Arcs Enduro2 next summer.

For the money, the AL is an absolute bargain – get one before they sell out!!

Oh, and the saddle isn’t that bad!

A friend of short stature, who’s probably the best rider I know, borrowed the g/fs Jeffsy round Cannock – from the moment he sat the bike on it’s rear wheel until after coffee and cake, he couldn’t stop smiling (we just didn’t mention what he got up to in between to the g/f, but it was well tested!!)

Trimix
    Free Member

@ creagbhan, if you did chuck the saddle in the bin, can I have it. I broke mine the other day.

Happy to bung you a tenner if you like 🙂

enmac
    Free Member

I’ve had one since May. It’s been all round Scotland and to the Alps. Best bike I’ve ever had and I can’t see me changing this in a while, which for me is saying something. I’m 5′ 7″ and ride a medium.

jeff

I feel like I _should_ buy one…

cpon
    Free Member

I feel like I should by one… because it’s amazing value.

A quick tot up of the RockShox kit + SLX groupset and you’re getting close to the asking price.

creagbhan

Trimix ygm

Trimix
    Free Member

@ creagbhan

Thanks, I’ve emailed you and will donate as you suggest.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I’ve been tempted myself but I just think the medium looks too short. I sold my previous bike frame as it felt a little too short and it’s longer than a medium jeffsy.

Im 5’8″ with a 32″ inside leg (by my measurement) anyone similar height riding a large?

andycs

Seriously considering one of these myself. As it will be my only bike, wondering how well it climbs?

transporter13
    Free Member

Bungalistic… In the same boat almost.. My current bike (yt wicked 650b) is a large and feels just right.. After looking at the geo table a medium seems too small

onewheelgood

I’m 5’7, got a medium CF Pro. It’s bloodly lovely. Only thing I’ve changed is the tyres – just too heavy and draggy for my riding. Now on 2.35″ Nobby Nics and feels much livelier as a result. I’ve even got on alright with the saddle. For a bike with a £1500 wheelset it’s an incredible bargain.

onewheelgood

andycs, it climbs as well or better than my 23lb 26″ Anthem.

harvey1
    Free Member

I bough the CF Pro a couple on months ago and so far I’ve been delighted with it. Having come from a 29er the wheel size didn’t offer any surprises. It did, however take me a wee while to get used to the carbon wheels, but now I’m really enjoying them. They just felt completely different to the soggy wheels on my bike the Jeffsy replaced, I found myself constantly checking them to see if they were okay at the bottom of any downhill sections.

I’ve made some small changes such as tyres, grips and saddle. The saddle is awful and didn’t last a third outing and the grips are far too skinny to be comfortable. Swapping the tyres to a Hans Damph on the rear and Magic Mary on the front made no end of difference, but this can be said of any bike.

If Strava is any kind of yard stick, the bike has certainly improved my riding times. I’ve especially made a noticeable difference to my times up the hill, where the bike feels sprightly. This could also be to do with the fact the bike is tipping the scales at just over 26lbs. Similarly downhill I find myself feeling more confident than I did on my old Whyte t129.

All in all I couldn’t be happier with the Jeffsy. For comparison I’m 176cm with a fairly long inseam and pretty long wingspan for my height and the medium feels perfect for me. The large would have simply been too big for my preference. If you’re on the cusp between sizes, then in a likelihood you’ll have to swap the dropper from a 150mm to a 125mm as the Jeffsy has quite a long seat tube.

Hopefully the link below works for some images…

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

What’s the stand over like on these? Always looks high to me?

chrisdw
    Free Member

None of the big sizes left or if have been very tempted. Probably a good thing really. 🙄

creagbhan

@harvey1

[/url]IMG_0758 by Euan Harvey, on Flickr[/img]

davosaurusrex

chrisdw +1!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘whos got a yt jeffsy?’ is closed to new replies.