Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Who's doing the Oktoberfest?
  • monkeyp

Looks like the course may be fast and furious, but who knows what’ll happen in 8 hours.

I’m looking forward to it, but slightly nervous as it’s the longest enduro I have entered.

Not sure how the riders starting half way through are going to ‘integrate’ themselves with those who have already been racing for 4 hours.

Also – what’s the general concensus for solo riders putting kit in the changeover area? I won’t have a pit crew for most of the day so was planning on taking a small pop-up tent to chuck food and spares in – what do thers do? Or should I just MTFU and carry everything and not stop?

clubber
    Free Member

what’s the general concensus for solo riders putting kit in the changeover area?

There isn’t really a place for that as such though I’m sure if you ask one of the teams with a marquee/gazebo near to that area that they wouldn’t mind – Las Vegas Institute of Sport for one (I’m not actually going to be racing but you’ll spot them easily enough – purple and yellow kit).

The solo pit area is hopeless. The team and pair riders spill over in to it and get in the way.
    I was coming back at the end of my laps at the last 12 hour event to find the entrance/exit completely blocked.
    Not too much of a problem for me, I just shouted “Make room for a solo rider please” and barged my way through.
    I asked the organisers to do something about it for the 6 hour race on Sunday as Mrs MTG was going to be riding solo and as she’s a bit smaller than me she’s not so confident about walking through the middle of a bunch of blokes and telling them to get out of the way.
    Nothing changed, so tomorrow we’ll be leaving our kit further up the course before the start/finish.

monkeyp

Doh – not sure how I missed the other thread. I hope the pit area is sorted, but like you say, pitching up further down the course sounds like a good plan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Who's doing the Oktoberfest?’ is closed to new replies.