Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whos been blocking trails at Woburn?
  • blaggers
    Free Member

Noticed lots of trails being blocked with tree branches over the last few weeks, especially the fun drop through the woods starting from halfway along the golf course run (my favorite bit of trail!). Is this a pissed off locals thing or a concerted effort by the landowners to reduce off piste riding?

Cheers.

Guilliano
    Free Member

Take a spade and build the log into a ramp to jump from!

I noticed that on one of the designated bike trails the other week…. really annoying. Lets all club together and block the walkers only trails!!!

blaggers
    Free Member

Its a bit larger than that! I reckon 5m of thick tree branches piled up, and threaded into the surrounding trees, hence I suspected it was more that a pissed off local, but maybe they breed stubborn one around there.

Guilliano
    Free Member

That sounds like it’s been done by the trust that runs the place then. Shame as some of the best trails are being blocked off. Hopefully just for maintainance……

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I doubt it. it’s been blocked in the past. I have deep concerns MTBers are being ‘protected’ from the best bits of trail…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Petrol…match….

ken_shields
    Free Member

This has been happening for weeks all over the woods. They get put across the main trails too. Next time you see the Ranger complain to him

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

That’ll be those darn horse riders!!!

oldgit
    Free Member

There are a few areas were bits have been blocked, during the wet weather riders kept taking new lines rather than get muddy, creating a Woburn Spagetti junction efect so it could be that?

oldgit
    Free Member

Lots of felling going on as well, plus the clear up after the snow and the problems that caused with fallen or broken branches.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whos been blocking trails at Woburn?’ is closed to new replies.