Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whoops
  • codebauer
    Free Member

Now I’ve got to try and pull something out of the parts bin…Anyone know how to handle 8 year old seized Hope mini’s

z1ppy

little lost how mini’s and a crack stay are connected, but as to your question.. yes… send em to Hope for a service!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Its steel, you can get that welded up. Kona? Pleny went there and are still in active service.

glenh
    Free Member

You can easily totally disassemble hope brakes. You pull them to bits, clean, replace any knacked seals, put them back to together and bleed.

Also get a bike that isn’t made for the road 😛

codebauer
    Free Member

Made for the road 😕 That’s my circa 16 year old Kona, sniff sniff.

I’ve no idea where I can get that welded back up! Know anyone in Munich 😀

Oh, and I need the disc brakes because…my parts bin frame has a disc only frame and some mini’s not used for an age

P.S. Well spotted anotherdeadhero. Who can guess which model

beanum

’95 Cindercone?

freakcrab
    Free Member

Yeah, they do that.
    If you’re the original owner and it’s not resprayed you may be able to get a warranty replacement as they had lifetime warranties in those days.
    No idea what they’d replace it with though.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Well the bike expo was in Munich last year, so there must be a framebuilder in the city somewhere. I’d go asking inthe local bike shops.

1993 Kiluea? Mech cable stop and colour gives her away as earlier than a ’95.

freeandsingle
    Free Member

I think that the metal u-clip on the chain tensioner is supposed go around the chain, doubt it would have stopped that happening though 😉

codebauer
    Free Member

Yep,
    But the (BMX) chain is to wide…at least my brake cables are the correct length and my patio doesn’t need pointing

codebauer
    Free Member

Any advice on the warranty?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Contact the distributer for kona (paligap? In the uk), don’t tell them your running it SS though! Oh and get the grass cut 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whoops’ is closed to new replies.