Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Whoomf! Issue 51 hits the mat
  • Stoner
    Free Member

content looks right up my street this month
    Ti HTs
    Jetboil vs MSR http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/jetboil
    Trans Cambrian.
    Picos

OTOH no gallery and a review of…..socks 🙁

Drac

Yup mine arrived whilst I was taking the kids to school and nursery, time for some coffee and a read I think.

langy
    Free Member

download?

pls..?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Awesomes! Hurry up postie; fingers crossed it gets here just before my leisurely soak in the bath.

woodsman
    Free Member

Picos eh! 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

What about "The Scene"? Are the blokes in it as handsome as they are in real life?

rOcKeTdOg

it'll be my first sub issue (if it turns up!)

nickc

Socks you say?

I'm a fan of reviews, but even I'd baulk at socks, I though 11 different messenger bags was bad enough.

Stoner
    Free Member

not so much a review as a photoshoot of socks.

"Hold that pose, socky darling."

🙂

And who wears such weeny socks? Bridgedale's where it's at!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Socks test, CFH stylee;

Summer – 3 pack of Endura Coolamx for a tenner. Buy some.
    Winter – Bridgedale. Buy some.

marsdenman
    Free Member

I'd better shuffle off and finish issue 50 then before the postie arrives, which is around lunchtime in these parts…

Morning coffee = issue 50
    Lunch = 51
    Another productive 'working from home day'……. 😀

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Just looked through the contents (mostly interesting, entertaining and enlightening) page and editorial (yep, that's what i've been planning for the last couple of days) and am about to get comfy on the sofa. My missus is making me a coffee. Heady times in the run-up to lunch.

FOG

Why does mine never arrive til after everybody elses? After reading these posts I was excitedly waiting for the postie to come and guess what? No mag.Is it crap local post or is it some ST plot? we must be told!

Clink

as my new thread – why no ti 456 in the ti frame review???

marsdenman
    Free Member

😥
    postie has been, no sign of my copy either….

uplink
    Free Member

Couldn't you have put 'spoiler' in the subject line?

That's it – you've ruined my life for ever
    What's the point of even going home now?

I may as well just shred my copy, utter bastids, all of you

🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

as my new thread – why no ti 456 in the ti frame review???

I was expecting the Genesis Altitude Ti as well, since STW took delivery of the frame some months ago.

Great timing with the mag though, off sick today with a gruesome virus and it's been good to lay in bed reading it.

bintangman
    Free Member

is it just me, or are the photos getting a bit samey on the front cover? …and socks?! Obviously been making the most of the great weather we had in June and had to find a bit of filler. Otherwise, all good stuff.

Ben_Haworth

Socks are in there 'cos it's the "Lost & Found" issue innit 😉

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Further thoughts: Susan Greenwood writes very well (and shares a name with the author of the very good The Nature of Magic : an anthropology of consciousness). Mike Ferrentino is good at whinging amusingly but the same schtick can wear thin after a while.

Oh! And I feel truly indebted to the mag for telling me about Ogilby's Britannia.

Harry_the_Spider

Page 110 – 111 is excellent IMHO.

yoshimi

Yes yes yes we know harry

Old men hanging arounf Prestwich Clough………..as much warning as I need 😉

bintangman
    Free Member

Reading Faye Stewarts piece reminded me of the intro to the current Dirt – both talk about the ettiquete. Faye's I could relate to more – because i could read it on the first attempt and because I understood where shes coming from. Steve Jones in Dirt was on about not really using trails that others had built, albeit illegally. Dirt seemed to take it all a bit serious really – surely if you do come across someone elses trails, so long as you don't trash them/leave litter/use them repeatedly when its wet, then really where's the harm in in all? If you do use them repeatedly, then try to keep them going by getting the spade out.

Surfr
    Free Member

Re. the front cover pic. I actually did a double take when it landed on the mat. I thought they'd sent me another 50 as I subbed at Mayhem. I was glad to open up and find new content though. GPS review well timed with my craving for an Edge 705 and I fancy the Cambrian Way being a local too. Not read much yet so I'm looking forward to downing tools tonight and giving it a couple hours read 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

pages 110 and 111 are the best pages ever printed in ST.

MrSparkle

Good grief, that's 2 of you going on about pages 110 -111. I bet they're crap really.

Oh, hang on a minute… 😉

CountZero

I really liked the PDDC feature, it looks like a lot of fun riding around Prestwich. Shame it's rather a long way North for me in Wiltshire for a weekday ride. 🙁

Blackhound

Had a quick flick through and will take on train to London town tomorrow.

Would have liked to see a review of Satmap device in the GPS bit. ALso planning on doing Trans Cambrian in October so will be interesting reading.

geoffj

Would have liked to see a review of Satmap device in the GPS bit

Look a bit harder! 😉

sc-xc

Would have liked to see a review of Satmap device in the GPS bit

read p.88 then

vinnyeh

Nice pro-competition piece from Jenn O'Connor as well (inexplicably missing from the contents page…

TheLaw
    Free Member

Got mine monday morning – was up in Braemar with Bikebus on sunday doing the mighty fine 'medium' route for the first time. If you are in the area give it a go. What a hellish climb up to the top of Morven(seemed into a headwind all the way), but was a corker of a descent back into Braemar.

rOcKeTdOg

first sub issue arrived monday, the piece about local trails v travelling far and wide hit a spot, and i think the Van nick would be my worst nightmare

NormalMan

Be interested to know a little more about the bikes used on the adventure on p.94 – are the owners from round here?

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice pro-competition piece from Jenn O'Connor as well

I thought that was good too.

I think the guy who wrote the original piece can consider himself "pwned".

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Whoomf! Issue 51 hits the mat’ is closed to new replies.