Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Who understands bluetooth?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I have a Logitech Mini Boombox which is cool. Installation previously was simply a case of pairing it up and letting it install the relevant services.

However, I’ve reinstalled my Win7 Pro laptop (which worked fine before) and now it’ll only play music using the crappy phone headset profile and not the decent one (A2DP or something is it?). I can’t find any way to configure this.

IHN

I know it was named after a pirate (or was it a Danish king?) That’s probably not much help to you though.

patriotpro
    Free Member

You mean green-gnasher?

nick1962
    Free Member

I blame Christianity……

bokonon
    Free Member

This isn’t a bluetooth problem – that’s just the protocol which is used to communicate. This is a hardware/software/driver problem.

Windows 7 does not come with Bluetooth audio (a2dp) support. You will have to contact the manufacturer of your computer, or the Bluetooth adapter that is built in to your computer to obtain a proper a2dp driver.

bearnecessities

That’s Numberwang!

labsey
    Free Member

The symbol is apparently based on a rune used buy a Danish King.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Harald Garmsson, aka Blaatand or Bluetooth, was a Danish Viking king who claimed to be a christian, which I don’t understand at all. Sorry.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

The symbol is apparently based on a rune used buy a Danish King.

the symbol is a binding of the runes hagal (H)

and bjarken (B)

which are the initials of Haarald Bluetooth. So, unless he was inclined to spraypainting his initials on the doors of other people’s lockups, it’s unlikely he used the symbol. Although he might have added the more complex symbology for “was here”

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah, makes sense.. did not know r2d2 was not part of windows.

CountZero

Ah, makes sense.. did not know r2d2 was not part of windows.

😆

Cougar

Windows 7 does not come with Bluetooth audio (a2dp) support. You will have to contact the manufacturer of your computer, or the Bluetooth adapter that is built in to your computer to obtain a proper a2dp driver.

I didn’t know that, and you’re right. Discussion here about a workaround (use at own risk, BT stacks are messy beasts).

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hardware/8235-how-add-a2dp-support-windows-7-a.html

molgrips
    Free Member

It used to work when the machine was a stripped down factory build, so when I re-installed all the custom stuff I’ve obviously left something out. Although I did install the BT stack…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Who understands bluetooth?’ is closed to new replies.