Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Who thinks the same as me?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've just posed this on another thread –

I see all bikes as equal, engine or not, auto, manual, foot change, thumb change, with or without a clutch, 3-27 gears, Gearbox, hub gears, derallier gears or no gears, plasic, steel, carbon, titanium, alloy, on or off road, lycra, leathers, goretex, baggies, or city suit, belt, chain or shaft drive, 8-38 inch wheels, knobbly, slick, faired, unfaired, new, old or ancient, full face, open face or smiley face……

And that's how I feel. I just wanna ride a bike. ANY BIKE.

:mrgreen:

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I just wanna ride a bike off road 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Nope!
    Motorbikes – scare me to death
    Road bikes – bore me to tears
    Mountain bikes – :mrgreen:

spacecadett
    Free Member

I have never been on a motorbike (as a rider or passenger) but I feel the same as you Peter, bikes are bikes and I am at my best when on one.

simonralli2
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'm the minority here I guess. I'll ride literally anything, just to see what it's like. I'm trying to think now, but I seriously cannot remember riding a bike I didn't like, and get something out of for some reason or another

I've had BMX, MTB, FS, HT, Steel, Ti, Alloy, Motorbikes from 125-955cc, 2&4 stroke, just bought my 4th scooter, I've ridden a police bike (Yes really) I've been on trackdays, done enduros, XC races, night races, 7day, 12hr, 24hr, 6hr, I've ridden to Italy over the Alps, lapped the TT course several times, scared myself wheelying in Reading off a roundabout (That was impressive though!) got horrifically lost in Florence, and god knows what else….

But to me it's all the same. It's just a bike. I really see no difference between an MTB ride through the mountains to zzoming round on a scooter through town……

I'm odd, aren't I???

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think when we say 'bike' we mean something with 2 wheels you pedal outdoors…

so not including things with motors or bolted to the floor

[edit]

But to me it's all the same. It's just a bike.

oh. In that case no 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

No unicycle? Call yourself a cyclist? Come back when you've done the same as me.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

When I say bike I mean something with 2 wheels. End of. 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

i swapped my 3 grand FS with my mates beater on a ride in wales once. he thought it was amazing i really didn;t care!

i was enjoying the ride (taff trail- 140mm FS bit over kill really!)

Ti29er
    Free Member

Nope.

Mountain biking is great.
    The road riding I've been doing this year is tedious.
    I raced m'bikes 10 yrs ago and it always set my hair alight and singed my eyebrows on many occations.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Apart from the 'engine or not' bit 😉

I see motorcycling more akin to driving than cycling – for me the whole 'cycling thing' is the satisfaction of self propelled transport, with the only emissions being sweat, and occasionally blood and tears….

glenp
    Free Member

Yep, all bikes are equal. Apart from hybrids, obviously. 🙂

duckman

When I say bike I mean something with 2 wheels. End of.

pah! Tricyclcist git.

MrSparkle

I'm with Poddy. Motor bikes or pedal bikes are ace. Wouldn't be seen dead on a scooter, mind.

BigJohn

Breathing's great, isn't it?

lowey

I thought this was going to be about blue waterproof jackets that were going cheep.

😛 😛

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fun bikes –

See. All the same. All got 2 wheels and are not a car 🙂

(And all mine at some stage or other)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Note to self – Upload pics from PC of our holiday in Italy…… Mmmmmmm Italy…….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

pah! Tricyclcist git.

I'd give it a shot. I have a unicycle in the garage too (Not mine, can't ride it) and the owner of that has a racing tricycle! 🙂

That said, I like the dynamics of 2 wheels, the versitility of it. A trike (With an engine) has the worst of both worlds IMO. Stuck in the traffic with cars, but sopping wet through with all the motorcyclists……

robinbetts
    Free Member

All bikes are equal. But some are more equal than others.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Who thinks the same as me?’ is closed to new replies.