Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Who Makes Single Pivot Bikes?
  • Ben_Haworth

Trying to come up with a list of companies who make single-pivot bikes (NB: not single-pivot linkage-driven designs)…

Orange
    Iron Horse (Bootleg)
    Morewood
    Santa Cruz

Who else..?

uplink
    Free Member

Cannondale?

tails
    Free Member

do brooklyn, thats a guess

ChrisL

Diamondback, I think.

Edit – Indeed they do, but according to their web site they don't seem to make the one that had Revelations up front that I was thinking of, anymore.

sheldona
    Free Member

Maverick, kind of anyhoo

terrahawk
    Free Member

Apollo

jwt
    Free Member

Mountain Cycle.

DezB
    Free Member

Orbea (Occam)
    Haro (Shift)

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Corsair.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

The empire dh bike is single pivot too I think.

cynic-al
    Free Member

(NB: not single-pivot linkage-driven designs)…

Why not? The suspension action will be simlar unless the linkage has radically changed how the shock is driven (and it appears to do so rarely!)

I_Ache
    Free Member

GT iDrive? it is a sort of single pivot.

Foes

Nicolai?

jonathan
    Free Member

Sinister do one – the Gruitr

Ben_Haworth

Cynic-al – because the linkage may radically change how the shock is driven 🙂

bent_udder
    Free Member

So in that case, neither the I-Drive nor the Maverick.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

The idrive is single pivot as the extra bit only effects the bb. the shock is driven directly from the swing arm.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Benji Haworth – Moderator
    Cynic-al – because the linkage may radically change how the shock is driven

You believe it actually does, or can't work that out? Frikkin journos 🙄 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Tesco's full sussers

Ben_Haworth

Even if the linkage doesn't do much to the suspension rate (most don't but some do IME) it'll still affect the stiffness of the frame 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

do write for MBR too?

Deary me….

Ben_Haworth

We're basically looking for bikes that have minimal pivots/bushes/bearings to go in our upcoming "Filth Riding"-themed issue.

Bream
    Free Member

Transition

Rickos
    Free Member

I think Mondraker do one. A sort of budget freerad type thing. Aren't the Exprezo bikes single pivot too? I s'pose you should know seeing as you've just tested their Gamjam.

Are you after a particular niche/travel cos we've got 4 inches to 8 inches being touted around in this thread?

sheldona
    Free Member

We're basically looking for bikes that have minimal pivots/bushes/bearings to go in our upcoming "Filth Riding"-themed issue.

Then the Maverick is back in the running then 🙂

chilli
    Free Member

CanyonBikes (swiss loveliness)Torque 8.0
    Nicolai Helius
    Yeti ASX(re-released)

DezB
    Free Member

Ask a simple question eh?

walleater
    KINGTUT
    Free Member

The Cannondale Rush and Prophet have to be in with a shout, single pivot and loads of mud clearence.

Only 2 bearings and 4 shock bushings to worry about.

peteimpreza

Does it have to be current bikes?

The Rush and the Prophet have been de-listeded from the Cannondale USA website.

crazy-legs

We're basically looking for bikes that have minimal pivots/bushes/bearings to go in our upcoming "Filth Riding"-themed issue

A hardtail then…

/coat, door

I_Ache
    Free Member

The Nicolai Helius is a FSR frame.

How about a Raligh Activator 2? Only had one pivot point just behind the BB if I remember correctly.

Saracen must do something.

The Prophet isnt made anymore.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Even if the linkage doesn't do much to the suspension rate (most don't but some do IME) it'll still affect the stiffness of the frame

It may do, yes.

Well if you'd said that at the start then I wouldn't have had to have pwned you would I? 🙄

kimbers

specialized
    [img]http://www.vicmtb.com.au/store/05bikes/specialized/bighit_sport/05BigHitSport_Blue_l.jpg[/img]

i love posting links to their Big Hit SPEC bikes as all spesh owners have some kind of fetish lust thing about four-bars
    sadly i think they last made them in 05, but never imported them here, saw quite a few in Norway when i was out there

sem
    Free Member

Although a current theme breaker, consider throwing in some frames that have one way purging pivots/bearings ie Turner, Santa Cruz.

cy

Nicolai Nonius is the one you're thinking of.

DezB
    Free Member

There's a Corsair in the new Dirt. That's deffo a single pivot.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Go back to URT bikes – my Trek Y3 rode beautifully, if only it was slightly smaller and had disc mounts to fit Hope Minis……

singletrackmind

Didnt Proflex pioneeer single pivot bikes?

I know they don't make them like they used to, but werent all pre K2 bikes single pivot?

cynic-al
    Free Member

"did" yes – as did many. He's looking for "does"

SSBonty
    Free Member

If you're looking for really low maintenance you should look at funk cycles (http://www.funkcycles.com/) as they make a 3-4" full suss with only one pivot of any type, at the shock-frame mount (unlike single pivot bikes which can have multiple bushes, pivots etc). Flexible ti plate at the BB does the job of that pivot, nothing at the seatstay/chainstay junction, the bottom of the shock is bolted to the seatstays leaving only the toptube shock mounting as the pivot…

Happy to test one for you!

Ian

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Who Makes Single Pivot Bikes?’ is closed to new replies.