• This topic has 120 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)
  • Who here has been "Jedi" improved?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

me and two others are booked in for the new year, worth it i hope 🙂

Anyone here been jedid and want to tell me how they have improved as a rider?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I now fall off only every other ride, so a 50% improvement 😀

Spin
    Free Member

I don’t try anything now. I either do or do not. There is no try.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Yup.

Only now there’s a voice in the back on my head shouting “LOOKING” all the time.

grahamt1980

Yep, jedi has helped my riding loads (its still a work in progress).

Just go with an open mind and you will be amazed by the end of the day

oldnick

A few of us from Biketragic did it last year, and it were great.

You won’t believe how little you knew about cornering, or how good a skittering rear wheel feels 🙂

Mistake I made was not practising enough over the next few days which I need to do when learning anything, but he doesn’t mind answering questions related to the course after the event.

Kit and bikes wear out with use, whereas skills get polished.

GW
    Free Member

not as a skills coach but yeah meeting Jedi can only improve any riding experience 😉

Ringo
    Free Member

My riding has vastly improved since having a day with Tony, im much more confident in my riding now 🙂

metalheart
    Free Member

Sorry but the guy is a frikkin fruit cake.

He spent the evening talking about trails being living entities and having energy.

And that tree roots ‘don’t exist’.

And after a one-to-one I still managed to fall off. on a blue!

So, when he starts talking about having your ‘Steve Peat’ day, run, run away…

Seriously I’d give him a miss if I were you…. 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

wtf?

metalheart
    Free Member

He’s a great guy though. You’ll learn a lot and have fun!

timpol
    Free Member

Review

Think the link says it all! Legend!

keyses2

My riding improved massively, totally changed infact, I’m much more confident, quicker, smoother and more flowy and I can get my wheels off the ground :-). Its an ongoing thing too so my riding is improving and progressing as i get more confidence.

cnud
    Free Member

Jedi session = I want to ride a bike all the time

Leku
    Free Member

Have a post-it next my screen.

Controlled mind.
    Confidence.
    Commitment.
    Concentration.

Would be more use written to the handle bars…

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Me

I have

He managed to get me braking with my index finger within 15 minutes after me trying for months and months.

He’s always there to give me advice when I need it and has been worth every penny.

An absolute legend and deserves every ounce of good feedback he gets

chakaping
    Free Member

I had a session. Money well spent.

Cornering has been my biggest improvement since. Helped that I had 3 weeks in Alps to bed it in immediately afterwards though.

Keep an open mind.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah it was worth it. Improved my riding so much, noticed it especially this summer. A year on I still hear him in my head when I’m riding “outside foot down, look where you’re going” etc 🙂

edit – as for how I improved as a rider.. this time last year I was terrified of even small jumps after a big crash on the Ski Run tabletop at FOD. By the end of this summer I was doing all the main black jump trails and some double blacks at Whistler, and all but the very biggest drops (medium GLC and the large ladder drops were as far as I got) 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Another happy customer here!

mboy
    Free Member

The man knows his stuff, and how to get you to put it into practice.

Not a huge amount more to say really, other than that there are few people that can ride a bike as well as he can, and few people that have good teaching skills. He has both, which makes him as rare as the proverbial that might fall from the back end of a rocking horse.

Money well spent…

nickf
    Free Member

Anyone who can get my kids to clear a tabletop by the end of a morning is a star in my eyes.

As a result of riding with Jedi, I went on to have some much bigger crashes in the Alps this year. So well worth it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I thought before I went, that even if he was good, he probably didn’t live up to the hype. I was wrong. I’m about to book the wife on a course for her birthday in the spring.

5AM
    Free Member

I am one of Tony’s apprentices in “the force.” 8 months ago dropping of a curb was about the limit of my capabilities, I’ve now had 2 lessons 6 months apart and have recently hit a 7 foot drop and cleared a 22 foot table. Not only that but I can keep up with the kids that are 15 years younger, and been riding far longer.

In my eyes it’s all down to Tony’s teaching., and every time I ride I feel like a kid again. Worth every penny!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

And yet he still aint as good as this 12 year old kid!

[video]http://vimeo.com/30088101[/video]

😀

derekrides
    Free Member

Yep, me to, don’t hesitate, no matter how long you’ve ridden, you’ll gain plenty.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah, I now have too much fun when I’m on bike. Like millhouse Ive always got that voice in my head shouting ‘footwork’!

Looking forward to setting him anew challenge to stop me casing lips but I think it may be a tough one even for him! 😉

vinnyeh

Money very well spent, but you already know that before you go, don’t you. 😉

Jedi walks his own path, there’s no point in practicing, preparing, or reading up on the ‘attack position’ – you’ll be pretty much starting from square 1, but it’s a lot of fun, and his enthusiasm is tremendous.
    ]f you’ve been on another skills course, odds are you’ll have stuff to unlearn- he’s quite counter-establishment.

ononeorange

Myself + Mrs Ononeorange.

Absolutely superb. The only person to have got both Mrs O’s wheels off the ground (if that doesn’t sound dodgy). We went away just afterwards to Sardinia and were relative riding gods (well, sort of. In our eyes maybe).

Lots of things improved, all hard to define, but the easiest thing to say is confidence.

jedi

ah thanks people. bikes rock! 🙂

damion
    Free Member

Me too. Made me remember why I ride, and how to feel like a kid again.

uphilla
    Free Member

Having tried others, can say Tony has got to be the best, lovely guy. Got me doing stuff I never thought I would. Still much to learn and practice though….
    very much in touch with nature….;-)

RobHilton
    Free Member

Big smiley, buzzy, happy smooth riding coming your way :mrgreen:

Murray

I hate Tony. He’s changed me from a contented bridleway basher into an aspiring singletrack rider. He made me get my wheels off the ground, go faster round corners and enjoy speed. How could you do that to me Tony? Won’t someone think of the children?

See you next year Tony – have a good Xmas.

rickon
    Free Member

Me and the missus are booked in for March, I’ve done a few skills days with various people and really benefited from them, but I still suck technically, so I’m hoping Tony can tighten up my technical descending and give me some things to work and practice on.

Really looking forward to it, and it’s a Month before my girlfriend’s race at the UK 24 champs, so I’m expecting her to be hucking off everything for 24 hours afterwards 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

i saw jedi for an mtb session a couple of years ago, transformed my riding dont think i got faster or went larger in fact i got lazier, i put in less effort but it comes out smoother easier faster

still figures as one of the best days riding i have ever had and plan to repeat it early next year, off the back of some rehab/physio

i was so happy with his teaching abilities i took my step son for a bmx session at Corby. Atkins is equally legendry, the lad just turned 18 still beams when he remembers his day

philconsequence
    Free Member

mrsconsequence and I in separate sessions.

herts is a sanctuary for everything good about riding, most importantly that huge beaming grin from Tony as you nail something for the first time with unbelievable ease realising that he wasn’t lying when he told you that you’ve already got the skills to do it!

binno
    Free Member

where do i sign up?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Jedified?

Davesport

What’s the concensus on going as an individual or part of a group ? Did anyone go for more than one day ?

TIA, Dave.

soobalias
    Free Member

IME i dont think anyone would really benefit from two consecutive days – I was blown apart by my day, with so much to practise and still benefitting months/years later. I know people who have gone for another session a few months later tho when the initial skills have bedded in

Any negative experiences, either directly or friend of a friend?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘Who here has been "Jedi" improved?’ is closed to new replies.