Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Who do I complain about facebook too?
  • roper
    Free Member

I have an ongoing issue with facebook.
    They have blocked my page as they have said someone unauthorised has tried to access it, but will not provide me with any info about this. They have said I need to proved them with photos of my passport ,which I will not do.
    I have asked them to close the account and delete all of my pictures, most of which are to do with my work and I have copyrite ownership of.
    They are still keeping the page and my pictures active, against my request, but are not answering any of my emails.

Who can I complain to, to get facebook to remove my details and my work.
    I get the impression they think they are so big they don’t give a sh*te, which might be true but I don’t want to be bullied by them either.

philconsequence
    Free Member

wasnt there something in the terms and conditions a while ago about them keeping all photos and videos etc uploaded even after you delete an account? i remember a few people kicking off about it but dont remember it being changed…..

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think you have to deal with Facebook…who else?

It’s not like you can speak to its parents…

binners

Complaining about Facebook is like throwing your shoes at the sky to protest about clouds

roper
    Free Member

Oh dear, that doesn’t sound very encouraging.
    Do you know who was kicking off, do they have a site or contact?

What does that mean binners? they are just a company that have got a bit too big for their boots, they can’t tell other people what to do no matter how much they think they can.

philconsequence
    Free Member

well it was mainly musicians (i was using FB heavily to promote the band) who were getting their knickers in a twist…. any content uploaded was then facebooks to keep and use as they please… so any press pics, and tracks, videos etc.

i’m not sure if anything happened as a result, but most bands and artists jsut went quiet and got on with things as before after realising FB was too big to care.

similarly a while ago they updated their terms and conditions and i saw a lot of chatter about the fact all personal photos and stuff uploaded (even if the user deletes them from the account) stay on the FB servers…. again, nothing seemed to change.

i might be wrong with the specifics mentioned above, but the FB terms and stuff are here… http://www.facebook.com/#!/terms.php

br
    Free Member

You may find that in the T’s&C’s that you are giving them full rights to any content you post (but I’m not a user, so no idea) – but this incidentally is how IM on MS works…

MrNutt
    Free Member

have you tried talking to the hand?

or the EU commission? (as uk gov are a shower of shite when it comes to data protection)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Who do I complain about facebook too?’ is closed to new replies.