Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • White saddle users
  • smell_it
    Free Member

How white do they stay in UK conditions?

Kit
    Free Member

White enough.

kennyp
    Free Member

I've had mine (came with my Genesis Altitude) about 6 months now. Still looks fine.

smell_it
    Free Member

Great stuff, that's enough scientific support to loosen my debit card 😀

akira

Bit of muc off and a wipe and my Spoon keeps looking good.

samuri
    Free Member

White bar tape on the other hand…..doesn't stay white for more than one ride.

rOcKeTdOg

muc off or fairy liquid does the trick

Northwind

Mine is still white-ish (Charge Knife) I guess it'd scrub up brighter but I like it to show a little muck.

westkipper
    Free Member

I've had plenty of coloured/white Selle Italia saddles that were completely rubbed through to the dark grey base colour within a couple of hours of wet offroad riding. I'd stay with black myself.

smell_it
    Free Member

LOL @ Samuri, I've already made that mistake on my road bike 🙂 but white'ish on my mtb that spends most of it's time covered in mud is fine for a saddle for me.

mrmo
    Free Member

use the white fizik bar tape, stays white for months.

simondbarnes

samuri – Member

White bar tape on the other hand…..doesn't stay white for more than one ride.

What colour is your bike now Jon?

Northwind

west kipper wrote, "I've had plenty of coloured/white Selle Italia saddles that were completely rubbed through to the dark grey base colour within a couple of hours of wet offroad riding."

Not all saddles are that badly made.

mamadirt
    Free Member

My THE seat is fine (except when riding in the rain in new jeans 😐 ).

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

fizik arione stays super bright

zangolin
    Free Member

[*]Always try and have white saddles – curretly have 4 White SLRs on various bikes. Some 5 years old + still white.
    [/*]
    [*]Always white tape on my road bikes – bit of soapy water always brings it up clean.[/*]

Shak47

I use white specialized toupe saddles on the MTB's, spotted a trick used by a Dutch mechanic to get white bar tape clean, basically liberally douse the saddle or tape with Mr Sheen and then use a white cloth to take the muck of, works on White Specialized XC grips as well.
    Only problem is I did it in the hall and inadvertently turned the floor into an ice rink so watch out.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

muc off or fairy liquid does the trick

Got a pile of Fizik seats in the returns bin at work because muc off and Fenwicks cause the glue to let go!

joemarshall
    Free Member

Mine is sort of grey. Got that way after about 3 rides (quite muddy ones mind).

Joe

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘White saddle users’ is closed to new replies.