Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • white peaks
  • hug
    Free Member

tomorrow I have to drive204 miles “up north” to finish a job (1 1/2 hrs sodding work)so Bikes in the back (me mate’s nicked a day off for the hell of it) so now we just need some ideas for up to four hours riding, challenging rocky/lumpy descents always appreciated, nothing that would NEED a hefty full susser but probably well happy to chuck ourselves down stuff some wouldn’t care to on a hardtail. as a further pointer we’ve had a squirt around Affan & especially enjoyed all the downward bits of the Wall (just tickling the underside of too fast but almost coughed up my pelvis trying to keep up on the way up
    So anyway the job’s in Charlesworth but anywhere within about 20/30 minutes drive from there. Any help will be V much appreciated
    Glenn & Wilf

scruff
    Free Member

Soem hefty rocky downs around Hollinsclough, you can do a route from Longnor if you grab an OS map.

snowslave

Start Hayfield by the Sportsman Pub on the road up to Kinder reservoir, go up the Snake Path to the shooting cabin on Middle Moor, pop out on the road by Hollingworth Clough. Quick left on the road then immediate right to Lantern Pike, take bridleway under Lantern Pike (don’t go over it!), pop out Birch Vale. Across on road to Chinley Churn, climb up to the New Allotments, left on bridleway to Peep O Day, cross road and go via Coldwell Clough back to Hayfield.

Not far from Charlesworth… Quality – don’t bother with White Peak!!!!

carlos
    Free Member

Snowslave is spot on with that route, i normally incorperate it with either Mellor and/or Jacobs ladder/over to Edale. it is a dam fine ride.

@ Hug send your e-mail and I’ll sort you out with a map

cpupton@aol.com

Carl

ventanarider
    Free Member

The peaks in the dark peak are white peaks atm 🙂 Unfortunately a lot of the trails are unrideable atm due to the snow if mam tor was anything to go by yesterday

hug
    Free Member

Thanks for the routes chaps (don’t know where “chaps” came from must be this un-earthly hour) I shall furnish you with some feedback upon our return.
    Hug

higgo
    Free Member

I realise it’s too late by now but why not ride from Charlesworth if that’s where the job is?

From Charlesworth up and round Coombes Edge/Rocks, Matley Moor brings you to Lantern Pike and the recommended Chinley (a big favourite of mine). From there you can make your way back via either Rowarth or Shooting Cabins.

snowslave

did you do it in the end Hug?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘white peaks’ is closed to new replies.