Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Whinlatter Forest on a ss fully rigid ……..
  • 29erconvert
    Free Member

has any one done this???????

timc
    Free Member

yes, pretty easy tbh

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Did it on a SS, not that hard. It isn’t rough, so rigid wouldn’t be a problem.
    Didn’t think much of the place mind, bit over-hyped. Very short, tame and pretty boring to ride IMO.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Only if it has ‘correct’ sized wheels.
    Edit.
    Might have missed the OP’s user name.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

mtbmatt – Member
    Did it on a SS, not that hard. It isn’t rough, so rigid wouldn’t be a problem.
    Didn’t think much of the place mind, bit over-hyped. Very short, tame and pretty boring to ride IMO.

Try going faster

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Try going faster

How do you know how fast I went?

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

i’ve done it loads on that very set up, you’ll be fine. However, on the South loop, you have some tight switch backs that require some skill on wagon wheels plus there is a long fire road climb that is just the other side of the perfect ss climb. Do the Blue then the North then the South loop, it saves the best till last. Try the Carrot cake in the cafe too. x

sc-xc

I have done it, no problem. And I am not very fit or fast…

mtbmatt – am I right in thinking you are both fit and fast?

aP
    Free Member

I’ll assume that it’s cx-able then?

timc
    Free Member

I Agree with mtbmatt, its pretty average to be fair, esp considering the location of the lake district

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ll assume that it’s cx-able then?

Hairpins are a bit too tight for a cx from the report i have had

29erconvert
    Free Member

thanks alot were heading across there on sunday. looking forward to it

moose2008
    Free Member

Are you sure you want to be fully rigid?

boxelder

It’s CX-able, but most fun on a hartail with big tyres.

moose2008
    Free Member

You should manage it easy, just don’t be a wuss and start praying for the ride to end like you did last time.
    Hope this helps.

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

I’ve done it several time on a fully rigid 29er and as others have said there are a few hairpins which require some finesse but apart from that it is all good.

anc
    Free Member

Mate got round on his road bike… Dunno why… so he could tell the story I guess… Anyhow he rode it all and didn’t bust it. So you can get round on anything really. 😉

29erconvert
    Free Member

i’ll man up this moose! Although dalby rr was playing games with me on thursday!!!!!! i heard it’s gonna be a snow ride,

anc
    Free Member

Nee, snows only on the very tops rained this morning. Mud yes.. Snow no! Have fun :mrgreen:

29erconvert
    Free Member

done winletta not a place i would go back to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Great. It didn’t like you either. Thanks for coming though.

bobbyspangles

its a good trail. ride it hard fast and take all the black routes, just don’t expect great service from the cafe.

29erconvert
    Free Member

Rode it hard rode it fast took all the blacks!!!! think i’m spoilt with Dalby, Hamsterley, Cleveland Hills. but I suppose i’ve ticked it of my list!!!!!!

snowpaul
    Free Member

My 2ps worth – its a decent trail if the weathers crap / you are knackered and you dont want to go epic or for a night ride etc – I would not drive to go there when theres MUCH better trails in the lakes – BUT as a quick blast with nice views over to skiddaw then its fine – i quite enjoyed it and I am not known for my love of man made stuff.

We do the derwentwater loop with whinlatter added on or as a recovery ride – i quite enjoy it.. I am actually quite surprised !

paul

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter Forest on a ss fully rigid ……..’ is closed to new replies.