Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whinlatter Duathlon
  • Saintly
    Free Member

Anybody else do it today? I saw one Singletrack jersey on the way round.

Cracking event, nicely organised, good routes and lots of friendly people.

Dobbo

I was there on Friday and they were setting up the bike racks, I thought the event was on Saturday, you were lucky it was today not yesterday! What was the bike route they used?

Saintly
    Free Member

Yep Dobbo, your right about the weather, I live just outside Penrith and was praying for a drier day today without the crazy gale force winds.

Bike route, started out on the first small bit of blue, turn left at the bottom on the fire road, up to the Red North singletrack climb, then round the full north loop. After the last descent we then climbed back up on the green walking trail and descending back to the visitors centre on a mixture of footpaths and fire roads, ending with riding the red start backwards. Not sure of distance but it hurt!

Dobbo

Sounds good, I didn't think they would use so much single track because of bottlenecks, good on the organisers. Yesterday would have been a hellish day, I was round Ulldale today and didn't think the weather was 'too' bad.

Mole
    Free Member

I did it,first duathlon i've done. Enjoyed it in,just can't walk very well now!

MrSparkle

I did it too. I am in a bit of pain from the running! Really enjoyed the course despite it not being too Singlespeed friendly! Got 20th overall and 8th Vet much to my surprise.

Saintly
    Free Member

First one for me too Mole, I have always said I am not built for running and I think I safely proved that, but I did enjoy it. First eveent this year that I have gone in to with no expectations, it made the whole thing a lot more relaxing.

Fantastic result MrSparkle you must have been going some, what were your times for the seperate runs and the bike, interested to know how much I need to improve!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter Duathlon’ is closed to new replies.