• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Which wide / light handlebar?
  • Marge
    Free Member

Any recommendations?
    Building my first 29er & plan to fit something a little wider.
    Trying to keep weight down & perhaps a carbon bar for a bit of flex as I'm running a solid fork.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Got monkeylite xc cnt low rise on mine 685mm. Not many wide flat carbon bars around without spending an obscene amount

Rorschach
    Free Member

I run a race face sixc bar on my scandal. 725mm low rise,carbon-£130 tho. Noticably more comfortable than the v1 it replaced-or I'm just running 2psi less in the front tyre!

pinches
    Free Member

725mm bars on an XC race bike! whatever next.

Mugboo

Not carbon but i like my Nukeproof 760's flats. Cut them down to 710 and there perfect for me and so 'fashionable' 😉

tron
    Free Member

The new Ragley bars look like they'll be very light for their size – Brant reckoned around 250g for the alloy ones the other day. I think they're 720mm…

Pro (Shimano) bars are also surprisingly light for the price.

Protapers (XC ones) are about 275g, as are the XC On-one Reetards, but they're only 680mm as far as I know.

Baldysquirt

The new Haven Carbon low riser is meant to be 170g for a 711mm wide bar. Not sure if they're available yet, though. When I researched before, the Sunline V1s that I eventually bought seemed to have one of the better weight / width / strength / cost balances.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Either Nuke Proof Warheads or Funn Fatboy AM in lo rise are an excellent choice.

TrentSteel
    Free Member

FSA Gravity

clubber
    Free Member

Truvativ Stilo WC 'Singlespeed' flat bar – you don't have to run it on a singlespeed though 🙂

700mm, 180g claimed, £36

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31130

Marge
    Free Member

I saw that one from Truvativ too but the 1 customer review said the weight was bullsh*t…

clubber
    Free Member

Wouldn't suprise me. 250g hardly sounds heavy though.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Salsa pro moto, comes in alloy or carbon,you can choose sweep and come standard at 710 width

drain

I can confirm the 150g for the Truvativ bar is complete fiction, and it does come in at 250g. Bought it on the off chance that it might be true, really must put it up for sale on the classifieds 😉

I got it as a replacement for the Salsa Pro Moto carbon bar which had got a deep groove worn in it during the course of last year's Kielder 100, I guess some grit had got behind the zip tie 😕 – expensive but a lovely bar, I will get round to replacing it some day.

ronburgundy

Easton EA70 wide – 685mm, 9 degree, 250 grams and 40 quid. Spot on for my 29er.

clubber
    Free Member

Drain – I'd be interested – drop me an email if you really are intending to sell the Truvativ.

br
    Free Member

I run the Easton DH carbon bars, 711mm wide and 220g (219g on my scales).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Which wide / light handlebar?’ is closed to new replies.