Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which umbrella company?
  • iolo
    Free Member

I will be starting a new job in the next month or so.
    In the meantime I've been asked to work for 3 weeks for a local contractor.
    The best way for me to so this would be through an umbrella company as I cant see the need to register as a limited company for such a short time.
    I know there are many out there. Some good and some bad.
    Can anyone recommend me one from personal experience?
    Many thanks
    iolo

tracknicko
    Free Member

i got an alpinestars mx umbrella. its massive.

highly recommended, even has vents to let the wind through instead of it dragging you out onto the track.

D0NK

not this one

it's very bad

JBiker
    Free Member

Damn! Thought it was an arcane STW thread about "recommend me an umbrella" (Ti, carbon, etc)

gusamc
    Free Member

parasol

(*check ALL carefully on %earnings or flat rate charge and see which works for you)

be wary of £xx tax free per day claims, unless you're an MP fairly strict rules appear to apply on expenses etc.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Swaine Adeney and Brigg or James Smith of course.

jimmy

I have used greenlantern35.co.uk in the past. have no reason to complain or not recommend them.

Phototim
    Free Member

ibalance based in bristol. I used them for 11 months for an engineering contract. They're really very good. Always reply quickly to queries whether it be by phone or email. They have a brilliant log in system online where you can check payments and manage all your expenses. Top notch, I don't think you can go far wrong with them.

Dougal
    Free Member

My accountants K&B have just resumed their umbrella services: https://www.cloud9umbrella.com/

Had very good service from them as both a contractor and an MD.

freddyg
    Free Member

Brookson are pretty good.

clubber
    Free Member

My wife was pretty happy with Paymatters recently.

br
    Free Member

Or get someone you know who has a Ltd company to invoice them and you be an employee for the 3 weeks – as long as you cover their costs you'll get the money out (one way or another…).

ContractorHelper
    Free Member

Hi, picking an umbrella company is so important because they control your money. There are loads of different ones out there so make sure you're happy with the company before you register with them.

I work for a comparison site for umbrella companies, but have NO financial interest in any of them. Really, the best option is to speak to your friends – but if you don't know any other contractors this site may be able to help with your decision: http://www.contractorsupermarket.com

Hope it helps.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which umbrella company?’ is closed to new replies.