Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which single speed?
  • Brother_Will
    Free Member

Okay so the big ikea supertanker is finally turning and we may possibly be about to get a bike to work scheme, so in anticipation im looking to get myself a single speed again. As we will probably end up with a halfords or wheelies (spit) scheme im going to need something off the peg so what are my options?

So far ive got:-
    Kona Unit 2-9
    Charge Duster SS
    Genesis IO

Suggestions and opinions welcomed.

rOcKeTdOg

do halfords still do voodoo?, get a geared wanga with the slidey dropouts and convert it

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Not sure, its worth looking at though. Thanks

sc-xc

Charge Duster is great, but I reckon any of those three will be brilliant. Have fun choosing!

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendation, I like the duster the neatness of the eccentric bb appeals to me.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Dialled love hate got a ebb

sc-xc

My duster got a slating on here, but here’s a pic anyway 😉

I upgraded it because I love the ride so much. Great bike.

sc-xc

^

mr frosty – Member

Dialled love hate got a ebb

had one of those as well, just as good.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

It does but i dont see a full bike ‘off the peg’ on there site which could be an issue.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

A slating? really? cant really see too much of an issue with it the saddle and bars arent to my tastes though.

qwerty
    Free Member

CountZero

sc-xc, your Duster is a nice looking bike. Can’t comment on the bars, never ridden a bike with them on, always had straights, or risers for the last twelve years. Got a Brooks on my Kona Sutra SS, which I like a lot, tho’ mine’s Ti railed with big copper rivets. 😀

aw
    Free Member

ok I didn’t get on with the unit 2-9er I think probably because it was a 16″ frame. On 26′ wheeled bikes I have always had a 18″ and I am 5 10 with 31″ leg. I tried the unit after having great fun with my kona cindercone as SS and thought I would get a modern version.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Well aw my last one was a diy converted fire mountain so i get what you mean about having fun it used to handle great, certainly not going to plump for a 29er without having at least ridden one first though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which single speed?’ is closed to new replies.