Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • which seat post, post?
  • willurd
    Free Member

yo

i need a 27.2 seat post for my soul. what should i be looking to spend, how much better is a 30squid one then a 15squid one? does it purely come down to the weight /strength /adjustment?

this one looks pretty sweet … http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30145

but is it worth 20quid more then a cheapy?

ta

epicsteve
    Free Member

2nd hand Thompson would be my recommendation (that's what's on my Soul) however for cheap posts the Easton EA50's are good. Wouldn't personally consider anything much cheaper than that.

Jammy111
    Free Member

you will be able to pick up a thomson of the classifieds for 35 quid. it will be better than anything you will get new for that price

willurd
    Free Member

thanks.

so does anyone have a thomson 27.2 they would like to sell?! or any idea where i can find one 😯

failing that… any ideas!?

thomthumb
    Free Member

merlin have thomsons for a shade over £50.

I just ordered a nc 17 from crc after a recomendation on here.

willurd
    Free Member

yes, i just noticed that myself and am now contemplating splashing the cash. is it really worth it?!

how do i determine what length i require? i notice on the cotic page it recommends "a decent length"

i need to make the decision in 5min b4 lunch break is up!!!!! HELP!!! cheers

willurd
    Free Member

please?

sockpuppet

all the lengths cost the same – go for the 410, and inline unless you *know* you need a layback one.

solarider
    Free Member

What sockpuppet said. Sometimes Merlin have the shorter 300mm length on offer, but if not just go long.

walla24
    Free Member

sdg i-beam micro here for £15 if you want, sooo light and strong. get it with a good i-beam seat and you will save a lot of weight off your bike!
    drop me a mail if you are interested

Northwind

"you will be able to pick up a thomson of the classifieds for 35 quid. it will be better than anything you will get new for that price"

Other seatposts are also available used 😉

Correct answer is a Gravity Dropper of course, a snip at £200. No?

leftyboy
    Free Member

I second the Easton EA50, had one for 2 months and it does the job perfectly

pypdjl
    Free Member

I got a ragley spike the other day, seems pretty good for the money.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘which seat post, post?’ is closed to new replies.