Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • which RS monarch plus rc3 shock..?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

on cheap on crc atm but they have several ‘tunes’ for differing leverage ratios (but i can’t see any further info on what type for what ratio!?) i have a morewood shova so can anyone recommend the right one for my bike…

Tune-Mid Reb/Lo Comp
    Tune-Mid Reb/Mid Comp

oh and if anyone (who has actually ridden one!) has any opinions on the shock I’d be grateful

mildred

Rockshox publish a guide of which to buy based on the leverage ratio of your bike. Work that out then look it up on the guide.

I’ve had 3 Monarch and still have one, which I the basic model. I personally find them a bit naff; the compression damping is always ott and the rebound seems to be either on or off. Just my opinion mind; some people probably like them.

carlphillips
    Free Member

thanks I’ll keep looking for the guide then…probably me being short sighted on sram website.

only thought about getting one over the normal choice of rp23 whilst browsing dirt 100 2011 and they raved about it…..

mildred

I think the one with the piggy back is meant to be better; I’ve heard it shares more with the vivid than the normal monarch. I’ve seen that Push are selling them with their internals though they can’t seem to say when it will be available as a tune/upgrade for those who already own a Monarch.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ha yes but i still can’t find the link to leverage ratio/shock type!!

neilnevill
    Free Member

leverage ratio is easy to calculate. whats the travel of the bike rear wheel/stroke of the shock?

carlphillips
    Free Member

50mm stroke 5.5″travel
    Can’t find the relative info on rs website even once that’s calculated! Is it me being thick .
    Can some one provide a link to it?
    Cheers.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just looked into this myself, here is the chart…

http://www.qbp.com/diagrams/TechInfo/vivid.pdf

Shame the one I need is the only variant still listed at full price.

🙁

carlphillips
    Free Member

ta chapa will have a quick look..

carlphillips
    Free Member

that comes out as my LR 2.80
    gives me mid compression tune and in 200mm x 50mm is on discount!!

Stevelol
    Free Member

Wow those are cheap! I had a medium/medium tune on my Transition Covert and loved it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘which RS monarch plus rc3 shock..?’ is closed to new replies.