Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • which road bike integrated headset
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I need a new headset for my roadbike. It's an integrated one but no idea what to buy. I assume it's whatever is common standard as it's a Scott frame. Had a look on wiggle etc and there is all manner of things to consider – stack heights, bearing angles, drop-in/press-in. Things were so much easier when you only had to consider inch/inch eighth and stack height.

Anyway anyone reccomend me what and advise how to find out what I want. I'm assuming it must say bearing angle on the headset (IS) and to find out if its drop in then I need to take it apart and see if I can lift the headset out.

Any pointers appreciated.

wwaswas

talk to a Scott dealer with the model name/number and year – you'd be amazed how many standards there are for internal/integrated headsets (well I was).

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If it fits, Id recommend an FSA Impact, been running one on my bmx for ages with no problems at all

Gary_M
    Free Member

Might be a wee bit burley for a road bike.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Maybe, i dunno, its just two bearings and a couple of other bits i think.

wwaswas

"just two bearings and a couple of other bits i think."

so's a bottom bracket 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Honestly, its solid. If you progress your riding to jumps and grinds it wont bat an eyelid either.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Is it intergrated or internal? Something that's quite often mixed up, depends whether the bearings sit directly into the headtube, or if they sit in pressed in cups, which are hidden in the headtube.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If you progress your riding to jumps and grinds it wont bat an eyelid either

lol, maybe not the best idea on a road bike.

Is it intergrated or internal?

No idea, guess I'll have to take it to bits to see.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘which road bike integrated headset’ is closed to new replies.