Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Which light ??
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

looking at buying a new light for the SITS , but cant decide between the hope 4 led or the lumicycle led , does anyone have any bad things to say about either or both

cheers

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Stunpy,i used the hope through last winter. i've struggled with night riding in the past.Not anymore. 9out of 10.
    I'm sure that the Lumicycle will do the job aswell.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Deal extreme light – cheaper and brighter

racing_ralph
    Free Member

And would receive no product support at sits, is not proven, and finally fits the adage of buy cheap buy twice.

kinda666
    Free Member

I've got a lumi led and its spot on!

Mates have hope 4's and are equally impressed!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

AYUPS, very light and loads of battery life. Comes with an in car charger too. And you have lights on your bars and helmet.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Exposure FTW

I'd like to know which is best too – no alternatives, I'm only interested in these two.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

what 2?

billyboulders
    Free Member

DX bastid. Mines been fine. Extra battery pack off smudge.

Or a troutlight if you've got more money.

Rob – the two in the OP – 'tard.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Well I flogged my Lumis last winter in favour of a bar mounted P7 from Deal Extreme and a helmet mounted Fenix L2D from the Photon shop. Absolutely no regrets (or wires for that matter). I could easily get away with just the P7, but I had the Fenix already.

Product support at SITS isn't an issue for me (that was a joke, yeah?).

topangarider
    Free Member

Not sure – but defo go for the one with the best helmet mount – best place for lights by a mile.

giantjason
    Free Member

+1 for Exposure

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Lumcycle, fantastic service, great light and great burn times with the bigger battery. And you can by a battery with the y cable so can always run an extra lamp in the future.

I run a lumi HID on the bars and the LED on my helmet, very good and 1300+ lumens 🙂

epicyclo

AyUps for a good system and a bright light – new models out anyday now.

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Hope 4

best on your lid.

Spoke to hope at the earls court show and they mentioned it's "upgradeability" – seems that they may be using more powerful leds in the future and that they will retro fit into the current unit.

rsvktm

Would recommend Hope 4, very good spread of light, good run times and amazing aftersales.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Bought Lumi Led's this year and they're superb. I like the fact you can run your own home made batteries or older Lumi ones, the LED's can be changed in the future, multiple power settings, long run times and excellent customer service. Only downside is the cost if you want a flood and a spot but that looks the same with other LED's.

stumpyjon

Hope 4 got me through MM well enough and it's a lovely bit of kit to look at IMHO. Comes with a helmet mount and mine also came with a head strap thingy so you can wear it without a helmet.

kinda666
    Free Member

Bought Lumi Led's this year and they're superb. I like the fact you can run your own home made batteries or older Lumi ones, the LED's can be changed in the future, multiple power settings, long run times and excellent customer service. Only downside is the cost if you want a flood and a spot but that looks the same with other LED's.

Davegr, the lumi led's use cutter led's and optics, get on of there 35mm triple optics and swap them around!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Which light ??’ is closed to new replies.