Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Which…. iPad?
  • GrahamS

Given your clearly superior imagination to mine, explain to me why I should be using the iPad which is switched off in the corner instead of the ultraportable I have sitting on my lap.

How odd. Sitting here replying on my iPad while my netbook languishes behind the couch.

Reasons? Instant on; nicer screen; easier to use with my feet up on the couch 🙂 YMMV.

aracer
    Free Member

Instant on; nicer screen; easier to use with my feet up on the couch

I’ll give you the screen, but this comes on just as quick from sleep mode (which is how it’s usually left), and I currently have my feet up on the couch to check, and can still use the very nice keyboard without having to crane my neck to look at the screen which is nicely angled up.

Maybe the iPad will grow on me – though mrs aracer reports back that it’s not just us who are luddites, most of her office (who got given them by work) are also a bit unsure about it. For the time being though, I’m enjoying being a cynic from a position of experience 😉 (and nobody can even accuse me of wasting my money, or buying it on a whim 😛 )

Joxster
    Free Member

I bought an iPad 2 64g and use my iPhone as an hotspot and that works for me. I won’t be upgrading any time soon unless there is a major difference in the next gen.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GrahamS

I currently have my feet up on the couch to check, and can still use the very nice keyboard

Fair enough I did say YMMV. I’ve never really found a comfortable way to lie down and use a laptop. to me it is that form factor, combined with the touch screen and excellent display that is the killer. Plus of course the complete lack of hassle compared to firing up Windows. And the ton of good software for pennies or free.

tonyd

Quick resurrection to say I ended up paying the extra and getting the new one, along with one of those fancy pink covers to keep the missus happy. She’s very pleased with it (iPad too), I had a quick play last night and it seems pretty good to me.

Thanks all for the advice and opinions!

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Which…. iPad?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts