Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which Hydraulic Brake?
  • LF81
    Free Member

Hi everyone,

i'm looking at upgrading my brakes and was wondering which come recomended. My bike is a 2009 Specialized Hardrock with a Rockshox reba sl fork on the front.

I'm looking to spend a max of £200 for the lot and will be using them mostly for riding at trail centres.

Any thoughts??

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

XT/SLX

Jamie
    Free Member
    LF81
    Free Member

Cheers mate

pid
    Free Member

I have Shimano LX and SLX – both excellent. You could get a bled set of SLX from Merlin for plenty less than your max budget. I have 160mm front and rear which gives me enough power, but I'm 65kg and ride like a scaredy-cat.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Cheaper from CRC.. pretty sure they are pre-bled but minus a rotor, but i'd check!

LF81
    Free Member

Ha! Thanks pid, very honest!

Cheers fellas i'll check out both sites

dogmatix

Personally I think you'd be fine with standard shimano deore's… plenty of power for the type of bike you have and riding you described. I have old deore's on my short travel full suss and ride trail centres and little dh runs and they are fine. But shimano are the way to go for reliability. Had my old deores for five years bled three times max and had nothing go wrong. I'd save the £100 from buying deores and upgrade your frame when you can…

LF81
    Free Member

Thanks Dogmatix. The general opinion seems to be Shimano, so i'll start looking!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which Hydraulic Brake?’ is closed to new replies.