Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Where to buy HID bulbs for L&M Arc ?
  • Raindog
    Free Member

I’m going to try to source a replacement HID bulb for my old ARC. Anyone know where I can get them from please ? I think they are Welch Allyn B10N008R.

Vortexracing

if they are the std HID bulbs I’ve got one, I think my ballast has gone, but the bulb is OK.

you can have it for £15 posted if you like.

jam-bo

Loads of threads on MTBR about upgrading the bulb and ballast.

landcruiser
    Free Member

Don’t let that stop anyone answering the question, as I (and a few more I suspect) would love to know! There have been a few threads regarding this subject over the last couple of years though I think the situation regarding replacement bulbs has changed.

Raindog
    Free Member

Cheers Jam bo, last time I trawled that thread it was dated but I’ll have another read.

snaps
    Free Member

Welch Allyn no longer sell direct to the UK, they have a distributor who charges £lots

landcruiser
    Free Member

It will break my heart to consign a perfectly good and faithful light to the box at the back of the garage (obviously never actually throw ANYTHING away) and be forced into that new fangled LED movement ! 🙁

Raindog
    Free Member

To be honest mine’s been nothing but trouble since I bought it, but if I can get it going it will be a good spare.

landcruiser
    Free Member

Trouble! How ? I have two…… been good as gold.

Raindog
    Free Member

Was broken when it arrived, then broke again after factory repair, now the bulb has fallen apart.

Del

lumicycle used to supply?

Raindog
    Free Member

Well I spoke to Lumicycle and they think their lamps will fit. £80 mind….here

snaps
    Free Member

I’m sure the L&M lamps have a separate reflector – those Lumi ones are part of the lamp.

Steelsreal

just got a broken one on the classisfied as i had a broken trailtech Hid with good bulb and ballast.

However, the trailtech ones (same as Lumi used) have the lens and reflector built in, the L&M one has a seperate reflector and uses the clear glass in the can for the lens so the two are not intercangeable.

SO off to LED conversion world it is for me unless someone can sugges and L&M bulb supplier for less than £30??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy HID bulbs for L&M Arc ?’ is closed to new replies.