Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which helmet for a 3 year old?
  • becky_kirk43
    Free Member

It's my nieces birthday on monday, she's going to be 3.
    I'm looking at the Giro range.
    Do you think a me2 would be the right size or would the flume be more appropriate?
    (I know ideally I need to measure her head but I'm not going to see her before I buy the helmet, and her parents don't want to give the game away!)

Thanks!

Hairychested
    Free Member

We have 2 – a MET and a Bell. The Bell is prettier but the MET more secure as the straps aren't velcro'ed but fixed to the shell, just like any adult helmet. Giro, which we have in the shop, seems larger.

itchypedro
    Free Member

Both my kids had to have different helments because their heads are slightly different shapes. I would strongly recommend trying some before you buy – probably not what you want to hear. Perhaps you could give a voucher for a local shop instead?

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Thanks – I thought that might be the case! I've looked at numerous reviews and head circumference charts and I think I'll go for the me2, it should fit (I'll keep the receipt in case!)

mick_r

From experience of our 2 boys and a friends kids – you will probably need the Flume (if she has a Giro shaped head – you need to try it first).

Flume is VERY adjustable and shrinks down really small – all of them grew out of the smallest Giro helmet early and used Flumes easily at age 3. Yet the eldest now still has plenty of growing room in a Flume at age 8 (admittedly his second one after trashing first in crash).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which helmet for a 3 year old?’ is closed to new replies.