Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which hardtail frame to replace a Cove Handjob?
  • stu1972
    Free Member

Hi

Stupidly sold my Cove on here a few months back and want to get back into riding. Don’t fancy the new Cove as they reckon the frames aren’t as good.

Can anyone suggest some decent frames of an XC nature. My requirements would be a fast light frame that is comfortable enough to be ridden all day if required.

I only really ride singletrack, don’t really bother with anything mental any more.

I posted on here about a Merida Matts frame I have got my eye on but reviews seem to be non-existant and don’t want to be lumped with an uncomfortable all-out race spec frame. I read that the XTC is quite versatile and maybe better suited?

Your thoughts please

Stu

RustySpanner

Some very silly deals on the Rock Lobster frames from Merlin at the mo.
    Assume they must be tweaking the design or have massively overstocked.

Lower BB than the Cove, but a lovely handling bike.

Both very light frames – the alloy one has more room for a larget tyre at the back if that’s important.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

obviously a Soul

mrjmt
    Free Member

Sanderson Breath.

stu1972
    Free Member

obviously a Soul

Yeah I agree but a little bit out of my price league unless you know where theres a second hand one?

stu1972
    Free Member

@ Rusty Spanner

Bargain Prices ! Not bad weight too on the TIG Team SL

stu1972
    Free Member

@mrjmt

Do you own one? Whats the ride like?

mildred

Yeah I agree but a little bit out of my price league unless you know where theres a second hand one?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cotic-soul-medium-frame

fathomer

stu1972 – Member

obviously a Soul

There was one going on the classifieds yesterday:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cotic-soul-medium-frame-1

edit: beaten to it 😳

mrjmt
    Free Member

Do you own one? Whats the ride like?

Yes, it rides a million times better than my inbred did and they’re around the same price if you get it from the bike chain.

Feels very comfortable, lots of give in the frame as the tubes are very thin. Also means its lighter than a lot of other options. All day comfort is probably as good as you’ll get from a hardtail IMO. 8)

stu1972
    Free Member

@mrjmt

Thanks for that info, appreciated.

£179.99 is a steal and its only slightly heavier than the original Cove Handjob

mrjmt
    Free Member

oh aye.

i dont know what your budget is but the life is the same frame in 853 and is slightly lighter.

to be honest though if i were looking at them again i’d still get the breath as the difference in price means you can get some much nicer wheels which will make more of a difference.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for a breath, I had a life which was probably a bit too flexy but:

a) its 853 so less metal than the 4130 breath
    B) I’m not very light so can make most things flex!

[edit] as pointed out above, spending the difference on wheels or tyres would make more of a difference anyway.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which hardtail frame to replace a Cove Handjob?’ is closed to new replies.