• This topic has 45 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nonk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Which firework display are you going to tonight?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Priddy Village

Weather looks good. Will be squelchy under foot. Gonna have a Priddy burger, mulled cider and burn my face off by the bonfire.

Drac

None for me I’m at work.

footflaps

Make sure the bikes are all double locked – top night for burglary tonight….

Me, off to see Cambridge Council’s display….

thegreatape
    Free Member

Our village display is next Saturday, and I’ve taken the night off work so I can take the kids. It’s in an old quarry and it’s very spectacular.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Fireworks? How quaint…

tis TAR BARRELS tonight 😀 😈

yossarian
    Free Member

Fireworks, bonfire and burgers at the local vicarage tonight. Got some glow sticks for the kids and a hip flask for me 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

we’re off to a Mexican Day of The Dead ball.. ace

Dancake
    Free Member

People annoy me. Lots of people at displays. Wont go

Houns

Himley

LOL I’d rather chew my own bollocks off…Night in keeping the cats calm for me

trailmonkey

guy fawkes is one of my heroes.

i don’t celebrate bonfire night.

yunki
    Free Member

get thy badself to Ottery Woody.. what they are celebrating there is very much cider and anarchy rather than the burning of brave freedom fighters..

Mantastic
    Free Member

Bewdley at hopleys, beer, hog and in walking distance

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Brave freedom fighters

Hmm, a group of ‘freedom fighters’ that wanted to take England and Scotland back under the wing of the Catholic Church and therefore extend the continental reach of Catholic Spain over the English Channel? All against the wishes of the great majority of the mainly Protestant/Presbyterian/Non-conformist population, a population that a few yrs later would throw out James II for the express reason of his wish to revert the Kingdom back to Catholicism?

Sounds more like religious fundamentalists to me!

djglover
    Free Member

got a tenner standard box to set fire to in the garden in 10 mins, thought 2 x 2 year olds at a display had too much potential to go wrong.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Off to our local village pub for a display in aid of the local cub scouts

yunki
    Free Member

Sounds more like religious fundamentalists to me!

fighting fire with fire though perhaps..? I thought that Catholicism was outlawed at that time.. Catholic worship a capital offence..?

which isn’t very nice is it..?

still.. I’m not quite the historian and until watching a documentary on Nat Geo this morning I’d always thought that Guy Fawkes was simply an anarchist.. 😳
    So I’ll be having a few tequilas and will dance La Cucaracha for him with that rose-tinted version of history in mind instead.. 8)

valleydaddy
    Free Member

went to the local discount shop and now have the same fire-power as a Army platoon, I kid you not all for £20 I was amazed how much I got, rockets, mortars, multi-shot things, depth bombs things, sparklers, fizz bangers the list goes on 😀

There is no local display to go to so as we live on top of the hill we get to watch everyone else’s too! bonus

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Will bonfires be in bad taste after last night’s disaster on the M5?
    Or maybe my comment is in bad taste – sorry 😳
    I still wonder why we allow explosives to be sold to the general public?

postierich
    Free Member

🙄 to the comment above
    Kendal Castle for us after a pie and pea supper!

Oxboy
    Free Member

Taking the tribe to The Plough Inn, Marstons Pedigree mmmmmm!

john_drummer
    Free Member

not. waste of money, even if it is somebody else’s money

huws
    Free Member

Just been sat on my back step watching the neighbours (backing onto our garden) firing off some fairly minor rockets for the kids to squel at and then listening to the spent rockets crash down around me. 😯

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Just been to a small local one. Bit of a fire to start then fireworks.

Same as last year really. Shite.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cardiff’s is always pretty good and half the city are there – loads of stuff going on, but we’re not going cos we have an easily startled 3 month old baby.

When we lived in the high rise in town the view was better than being at the actual venue.

emma82
    Free Member

Just watched the local charity fundraiser display from the back garden, it’s such a rip off I’m glad I get to see it for free.

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Just back from Hopetoun House near South Queensferry. Stood in a food queue for an age then watched what seemed a short display. Complete disappointment compared with last year’s fantastic effort – thoroughly underwhelmed and distinctly unimpressed. Ah well.

ebygomm
    Free Member

None, my neighbours are doing a fairly good job though. Watching from the comfort of my bedroom 🙂

spacemonkey

Used to love fireworks as a kid, but in recent years they just bore the **** out of me. Can’t think of anything more dull.

Much prefer chilling by the bonfire with a jacket spud, BBQ’d chicken/snags and a few beers.

Alternatively just relax at home with the family.

iDave
    Free Member

None, I think it’s pretty lame. Bang. Whoosh. Flash. Repeat. And the attraction is?????

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

took our kids to the local one down the pub. 4 yr old liked the sight not the sound so watched through pub window, 20 month old was too scared.
    Highlight was when a couple of rougue ones escaped and went off on the floor in the crowd 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

I must admit that I used to like them a lot but I’ve seen so many now.

Mrs Grips’ family live in a small Mid-Western down that hosts an annual fireworks convention. The manufacturers all come out and try to outdo each other all evening. To be honest, once you’ve seen that anything else is rather lame 🙂

fadda

The attraction is my 5yo doing a cheshire cat impersonation, grinning his little head off.

Just got back from the local one in Devauden – the band were fun, too!

john_drummer
    Free Member

saw a pretty good free public one set to music on the beach/over the marina at Mandelieu-la-Napoule in July 2006. (near Cannes)
    We were in a villa more or less on the marina anyway so rude not to watch, but as per my above statement, I’m not bothered about going out on a damp cold November night to see someone burn money, no matter how spectacular it is

beargotsoul

Just got back from Priddy fireworks, good show !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ooohh tar barrels you lucky swine. I’ve only been once and it was awesome. I will start going again some time.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Just got back from Priddy fireworks, good show !

Big bang at the end wasn’t it!?

Rochey
    Free Member

Bletchley Park, it was great.

KennySenior
    Free Member

Anybody go to this one?

Oban Fireworks Fiasco

drain

Went to Bath Archers’ club, great fun. Nice’n’small, low key – some fun night shooting too! 8)

infidel
    Free Member

I live in Lewes – it’s like Basra here at the moment. Dog’s a total wreck

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Which firework display are you going to tonight?’ is closed to new replies.