Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which DX torch this year for Helmet light – Sorry.
  • Solo
    Free Member

As in the title really.

Rode with a friend of mine last night who was trying out his new Magicshine light.

Incidentally, I was impressed with the 3+ hour run time of the magicshine.

Anyway, he's wanting a helmet torch now so I was wondering what the preferred torch of the STW massive was.

Thanks in advance.

🙂

Solo.

gamo
    Free Member

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15335

great for helmet mounting, £24 for torch,batteries and charger and just as bright as my mates exposure joystick!

dobo
    Free Member

i'm using a fenix l2d on the lid with my magicshine, i purchased my fenix over a year ago and cost less than they do now, it has a longer run time than above and takes AA's but not quite as bright

not perfect but not bad for a 1.5hr ride after work, battery change is seconds if needed

gamo
    Free Member

I also have a fenix l2d(well two actually a rebel and a q5)and the dx torch is just as well made brighter and run time is actually better(2.5 hrs on high).

racing_ralph
    Free Member

is that 2.5hrs on a single battery? Hope so as i have just bought one 🙂

Pieface

I'm considering a Joystick but am also half tempted by these….

I know they're cheap, but I can't help think that the cheap recargeable batteries just won't hold their charge over time, and that the bike / helmet adaptors just seem too much of a compromise – other 'bike specific' lights have had rather poor lamp / helmet mounts that a 'generic' mount will be really bad, however the joystick mounting system(s) just seem to be 'sorted'

caledonia
    Free Member

Don't believe anyone hasn't suggested the Tesco one ?
    Or is that sooo last year ?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Pieface – Member

I'm considering a Joystick but am also half tempted by these….

I know they're cheap, but I can't help think that the cheap recargeable batteries just won't hold their charge over time, and that the bike / helmet adaptors just seem too much of a compromise – other 'bike specific' lights have had rather poor lamp / helmet mounts that a 'generic' mount will be really bad, however the joystick mounting system(s) just seem to be 'sorted'

twofish locblock is fantastic

Northwind

I just went with a P7 torch on the head- it's a flood rather than a spot, so goes against the conventional wisdom (floodlight on bars, spotlight on head) but it's a lot more powerful than the spotlights most people use so it's not as open and shut as it seems- a P7 has fair range just by grunt. But I'm always a bit unsure about recommending this, as I know my night vision's not good so it might be that it's my vision limiting my range or somesuch.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which DX torch this year for Helmet light – Sorry.’ is closed to new replies.