Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • which down jacket
  • roughneck
    Free Member

any body got a Alpkit filo

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I got a Mountain Equipment one for less than Alpkits last year (Jan 1st sales!)

cynic-al
    Free Member

TKMaxx have some good ones.

mactheknife

roughneck – Member

any body got a Alpkit filo

Yep, awesome bit of kit. They have restocked this week as well.

mattstreet

Yeah, got a filo, and a filet vest (picked up in the sale). Very happy with it – only niggle is that I’d have preferred a double zip so it could be used as a belay jacket. Some might find it a bit heavy compared to others too, but don’t really notice the weight on the pub trek… Still, all considered, pretty unbeatable value for money.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

yes but where do they get their models from….

AlasdairMc

I was of the opinion that down is pointless for the UK based on the weather. I got a Rab Photon Belay jacket recently instead, it’s relatively bulky but like wearing a cuddle. Very warm, it feels like a sleeping bag.

vondally
    Free Member

SO just bought one very nice, good cut well made, but very bulky not as nice as my PHD minimus that she bought me in november, but price wise excellent bit of kit.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m off to buy one today in fact. Tempted by the Alpkit stuff but the colours don’t do it for me.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

north face thunder jacket has been great, used in the rockies, alps and back home its been on all the time this winter.

Vortexracing

Just got a Northface Nuptse form Gaynors for just over a ton.

Very impressed so far.

neninja
    Free Member

Got 2 Filo’s – one older one and a newer one with removeable hood.

Both going strong – one is now about 5 years old and still like new. Highly recommended

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘which down jacket’ is closed to new replies.