Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which BB for Boardman MTBs please?
  • user-removed
    Free Member

As above – just wondered if anyone knows which BB will fit my 2009 Boardman Pro? One of those things I’ve been meaning to do for the last few months….

bland

what chainset has it got on, thats the deciding factor?

user-removed
    Free Member

Emmmm, pretty sure it’s a Truativ Stylo – raining too hard to go to the garage and check 🙂

Anyone hazard a guess? Also, it’s yonks since I’ve had to do this – if you could recommend a suitable removal tool I’d be grateful!

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Assuming the BB has never been changed then it will be a Truvativ GXP type BB.

Truvativ do their standard BB (same as you have currently) for around £20 – £25, or Superstar do one for similar cash.

If you’re feeling rich, then Truvativ do a ceramic bearing one for around £120.

I’ve run Truvativ BB’s on a couple of bikes & found the standard GXP ones to be fine – they usually last 12-18 months for me.

Note that the Truvativ system is the only one which is not compatible with Race Face, Shimano, Hope etc. BB’s

user-removed
    Free Member

That’s tip-top info thanks! Think I’ll give the SS one a shot – can’t really justify £120 on a part I can’t even see 🙂 Shallow? Who me?

chiefgrooveguru

I replaced the Truvativ one with a Hope stainless steel BB with the Truvativ adaptor. Running fine a year later although it’s in a different bike now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which BB for Boardman MTBs please?’ is closed to new replies.