Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Which £2k full susser?
  • vorlich
    Free Member

This is a bit theoretical at the moment. I’ve promised myself a full-susser of some description if/when I hit my target weight. Also, I need to see if my finances can cope come that point.

I want something which can do it all, not that gnar though.

Suggestions?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Come on you will have to be more specific by what you mean by ‘do it all’

I have a Giant Anthem X which ‘does it all’ for me which is riding in the Pennines, Peaks, Lakes, Trail Centres etc….

You can buy a 2011 X2 for £1,600 which is a bargain!

uwe-r
    Free Member

Spech Camber is a great option at 120mm travel? Comes in below budget to.

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

I have a Cannondale RZ120 £1,500 last year and perfect for what i need – trail centres/downhill does it all and not too heavy

although for £2k you could get a lapierre which would get my vote

nealglover
    Free Member

uwe-r – Member
    Spech Camber is a great option at 120mm travel? Comes in below budget to.

I was looking at that last summer, but just before I bought the sales started, and I went for the Stumpjumper FSR Comp as it was just brought into budget with the sales.

I Loooooove it.

Not had loads of experience of FS after I was put off 12 years ago by a GT XCR 2000 that I just didn’t get on with at all. But I am now loving this one.

Would recommend it to anyone. But there are loads of others, lappierre worth a look I’m sure.

binners

Erm…. Orange 5

*runs off and hides under the desk*

Bregante

These look like a steal at £1600!

alfabus
    Free Member

£2k for frame, or full bike?

vorlich
    Free Member

2k for a full bike. So far, so meh [no offense];) The O5 does look quite nice, though.

These look like a steal at £1600!

Except I’ve no idea what I’m looking at. Does look ok though. What is it?

steezysix
    Free Member

The YT Wicked is 1600 euro, not pounds – it’s amazing for the spec and worked out about £1450 including delivery to the UK. I got mine the other week and couldn’t be happier. Only change I’ve made is to put a wider set of bars on and a shorter stem on. Definitely worth considering.

Bregante

Sorry

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=162&x3037f=btcs2rkvbh0ia18rerstip45q5kmt24b

I believe MBR are running one as a long term test? (google seems to suggest so anyway)

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I went for a spechalized camber a couple of months ago, after testing few bikes this one felt right and is great fun. I dont know whether they are still selling them off cheap.

steve_b77
    Free Member

To be fair that YT looks bloody awesome for the money.

150mm Rev RLT QR15, Monarch RT3, Elixir R’s, X9 drive train, 68deg HA, 72 deg SA, heavy’ish wheels and 29.5lbs all in.

chakaping
    Free Member

Squint a bit and that YT could easily be a Zesty

vorlich
    Free Member

Although I’ve said full bike, I’d be quite happy building up frame and components – quite enjoy that sort of thing actually. Specing my own parts sounds appealing.

mcboo
    Free Member

There you go, Fox floats, RP2, DT Swiss Wheels, Elixir 7 and XT cranks, about 26lb, £1700

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2558

Like that YT too……German mail order is the way ahead.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

£1,600 !! Makes you want to go quicker every where 😛

Brake-neck
    Free Member

One of these perhaps, seem to be well thought of.
    http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2560

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nammynake
    Free Member
    TiRed

Salsa Spearfish

Orange 5-29er (depending on time to target weight and target wait…)

vorlich
    Free Member

Any advance on these suggestions?

steezysix
    Free Member

With the direct buy bikes (Canyon/YT) you might struggle to test one first. I used the size calculator on the YT website before ordering – I was worried it would be too long in the top tube compared to the other bikes I’ve had but it’s perfect. Canyon may have a similar thing on their site? Otherwise, just get as many opinions as possible, but you won’t go far wrong with either one.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Whyte E-120 or Attack Trail with lyrics etc. here:
    http://www.atb-sales.co.uk/atbshop/range.php?BikeModels=MTB

boltonjon

You’ll pick up a 2011 Zesty for that price – brilliant and very capable bike for the money!

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Boardman FS Pro? £1799.

vorlich
    Free Member

The Zesty is a rather nice looking bike. And I’d previously looked at the Canyons, which seem great value.

None of the other bikes really get me lusting after them, which a £2k bike should do IMO. Any thoughts on the Santa Cruz range?

Genuine question: Isn’t the Whyte just a glorified Marin?

vorlich
    Free Member

Anyone? Surely there must be some other options out there?

robhenry85
    Free Member

that Wicked looks alright, could well be a new year investment!

i was looking at this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=59252

but dont know anything about it, think it was just the amount of ££ that was off it 😳

streetvw
    Free Member

another vote for the Canyons I’ve got a 2011 Nerve XC7 and its a cracking bike

moonsaballoon

I have a stumpy and love it , mate has a 5 and he loves that . Choose something you like the look of and give it a test ride and see how you get on

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

How about a Titus FTM Carbon frame @ £899? Which leaves you £1100 for groupset and wheels etc.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Might be worth asking Si off here if he’s doing any deals on a Chumba VF2 build. They look pretty good at 950 for the frame. You probably can’t go far wrong with an Anthem though.

Bregante
    vorlich
    Free Member

That Chumba looks very nice.

The Titus looks like a decent spec too, don’t know much about them though. Anyone ride one?

Don’t fancy carbon at all.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Afraid the Vf2 is out stock, and will be for some time 🙁

We are doing the new EVO G2 for the same £950 though

Chumba EVO G2 by srbwilson, on Flickr

Bregante

The Titus looks like a decent spec too, don’t know much about them though. Anyone ride one?

Titus are a “boutique” US brand who’ve been around a good few years but were bought out last year by on-one.

Seems to get some great owner reviews on MTBR. It would be on my shortlist with that spec!

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/allmtn-full-suspension/titus/el-guapo/prd_415855_1547crx.aspx

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Which £2k full susser?’ is closed to new replies.