Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which 100mm forks
  • devs
    Free Member

Got a Rock Lobster Team Tig 853 with 100mm Menjas on it. I'm just not getting on with them. I bottom them out all the time or my arms feel completely beat up after riding local rooty paths. I've got other bikes with Fox Float, Pike, and Lyriks and never get the same feeling off them although they are all longer travel. Tried various pressures and rebound damping settings. there just doesn't seem to be a sweet spot for me. Soooo, what 100mm forks that are quite light but do actually work for a bloke who is 17.5-18stone in bike kit. Don't mind if they are coil or air as long as they work.

devs
    Free Member

No one use 100mm forks any more then?

simonlovell999
    Free Member

05/06 marzocchi mx comps/eta. at 105mm they are good as a air fork

iainc

I have Reba SL's on my RL853, a good combination, although I am lighter than you at 12.5st, but it's an air fork anyway.. They replaced a set of Marz MX Pro SL's and are a lot nicer ride.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was in your situation recently. I got some Floats, reduced the travel and chopped down the rod behind the air piston to increase the size of the air chamber and make them feel more linear.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Magura Durins do it for me.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Reba SLs. However the difference in how they work after being TFTuned is amazing. I could never quite get them right before, and they are now noticeably better at tracking the ground and being 'unnoticeable' if you know what i mean. Although i am a bit lighter than you, but still heavier than many.

mattp
    Free Member

sid teams for me – fantastic fiddle free forks. check the pressures every couple of weeks and scrape the mud off and away you go. a bit dear to buy new though!

devs
    Free Member

Hmmm. Might have to add some Rebas to my Rockshox stable then. Anyone got a link to some cheap ones?

iainc

try Merlin – I got mine in September for £200 😆

devs
    Free Member

One for the collective. Are Reba Race MC 09 better than Reba SL 2010?

DT78
    Free Member

+1 for reba SL – very happy with mine, just serviced after 2.5yrs, still going strong.

I think the difference between the SL and the race is that the race gives you a dial to adjust gate whereas the SL you have to use an allen key.

It's the sort of thing you adjust once and leave so I'd go for SL

devs
    Free Member

Reba SL hopefully arriving tomorrow.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I'd say coil pikes wound down, more versatile than rebas. Not like the extra weight is gonna make much difference for you. And if u change your frame you can add more travel without buying new forks.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Got some Reba dual airs from JE James a month or so ago, bloody fantastic forks. Light, responsive, and can be set up for trail riding and XC racing by simply changing the pressures in plus/minus chamber.

avalanche
    Free Member

Another vote for Rebas. I upped my travel to 115mm- makes them a bit more versatile.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which 100mm forks’ is closed to new replies.