Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 159 total)
  • Where's @TeamHurtMore
  • duckman

It really isn’t much of a ban Jamby;A guy I used to get mixed up with; tantrum pedantry, got a thousand years.

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙂

Cougar

that was the spur for me to call to buy him a subscription as a celebratory prize

Everyone’s a winner.

kimbers

Grum has broken himself on a drop off and is looking at getting some metalwork put in his hand tomorrow according to the xrays hes put on facebook!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Kimbers can you please pass on TeamHurtmore’s best wishes and request for the photo. He made a particular point of asking after him given the recent thread . I could not pursude him to do QECP as quite rightly having a new job is not conducive to riding into a tree at night.

RustySpanner

No offence, but why can’t he pass on his own best wishes?
    He’s been banned from STW, not from emailing other people.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

this thread is beginning to look like a play script…

most amusing.

Which brings to mind where is Hora as well?

DrJ

jamba> I apologise plenty as anyone who reads the threads will know.

Classic.

scotroutes

FTFY

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I think we should keep this thread going so @thm can read it but not join in. 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

TMH was banned after he reacted strongly to TJ calling me a racist on the Rugby thread. TJ’s post which I never saw must have been offensive as the moderaters deleted it. DrJ has had a holiday for the same reason.

Junkyard is constantly breaching the forum guidelines, following me around and making little/no effort to engage in a thread other than throwing insults. It’s bothered TMH sufficiently he has reported Junky and others for online bullying and Junky has had at least one ban as a result. Junky doesn’t get reported more in part as I don’t read the vast majority of what he posts and partly as I think the moderators have better things to do with their voluntary time I rarely report him. I asked TMH not to bother them either. Junkyard has the tag Lazarus for good reason.

I have seen other posters speaking out against online bullying of me and have received numerous personal emails too, its just what STW is when it comes to political threads which then the trolls chase others (including TMH) around onto whatever thread they may post on.

TMH is quite fed up with all of this, he has a challenging new role and he should quite rightly focus his attention on that.

davosaurusrex

You guys! Group hug time, get in here.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Junkyard has the tag Lazarus for good reason.

#jambafact

anagallis_arvensis

TMH is quite fed up with all of this, he has a challenging new role and he should quite rightly focus his attention on that.

If he wants to flounce could you let him do it himself when he’s back?

scotroutes

I’m getting a hint of bromance here.

bodgy
    Free Member

A tiny bit of sick just lurched up into my mouth.

moose
    Free Member

Tiny bit? I just full on called god in the porcelain telephone. Bunch of slack jawed pussies. 😉 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Point of order if we’re going to do this one. Pretty much all those I’ve seen speaking out about “online bullying” of you appear to have been referring to those people fact checking you and using the #jambafact tag or similar. I presume this is also what you’re describing as “following me around and making little/no effort to engage in a thread other than throwing insults” regarding JY’s posts. I refer you to the primary defence against libel here – justification. I do find your use of the words “trolls” and “others” interesting here – you appear to have placed THM in one of those groups, can I just check which group you’re in?

The easy solution to avoid being “bullied” would be to do a bit less fibbing.

duckman

Junkyard has the tag Lazarus for good reason.

But not the reason you think clearly.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I refer you to the primary defence against libel here – justification.

All bullies blame the victim.

aracer
    Free Member

You appear to misunderstand the legal use of that term, oob.

Cougar

The easy solution to avoid being “bullied” would be to do a bit less fibbing.

The easy solution to avoid being raped would be to wear less provocative clothing.

It’s Jamba’s right to talk utter mince. It’s everyone else’s right to call people out when they’re talking utter mince. What’s not alright is for it to turn into personal insults and abuse, or for everyone to gang up for a round of Jamba-kicking.

Seems pretty simple to me.

DrJ

The easy solution to avoid being “bullied” would be to do a bit less fibbing

This.

As I’ve said before, it might seem funny to invent stuff just to support some fallacious argument, but on another level we have seen the effect of #trumpfacts (essentially the same as #jambafacts) on the nature of democratic debate.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“The easy solution to avoid being raped would be to wear less provocative clothing.
    It’s Jamba’s right to talk utter mince. It’s everyone else’s right to call people out when they’re talking utter mince. What’s not alright is for it to turn into personal insults and abuse, or for everyone to gang up for a round of Jamba-kicking.”

This. Ad hom doesn’t win arguments – it’s just a waste of time for writer and reader.

scotroutes

If 15 folk call him out for being a repetitive and consistent liar is that bullying, insulting or abusive?

outofbreath
    Free Member

“If 15 folk call him out for being a repetitive and consistent liar is that bullying, insulting or abusive?”

As long as they call out what he said, and not him personally none of the above.

If it’s aimed at him personally it’s all of the above.

Ad hom doesn’t work, it’s a waste of typing time.

kimbers

If it’s aimed at him personally it’s all of the above.

Ad hom doesn’t work, it’s a waste of typing time.

problem is that lying can really upset people, sometimes the better part of their nature can slip as a result

thats not an excuse, its just what happens

zokes
    Free Member

Junkyard is constantly breaching the forum guidelines, following me around and making little/no effort to engage in a thread other than throwing insults

Perhaps if you posted something vaguely in the realm of realism once in a blue moon you might not be met with quite so much contempt.

And Cougar, while your honourable attempt to highlight victim blaming is noted, replace “rape victim” with “belligerent football hooligan” and you’d have a more accurate analogy.

aracer
    Free Member

Almost exactly the point I was just typing out – I do agree with what Cougar wrote, but this is a tricky one. Because the #jambafact tag itself could be taken as an ad-hom by somebody determined to take offence at justified comments.

mikey3
    Free Member

You all love to bicker anyway don’t you?.Isnt he giving you what you want,if it wasn’t him it would be someone else,same old same old.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Because the #jambafact tag itself could be taken as an ad-hom”

It is. Just write “cite” instead.

gordimhor

Good to know THM is not unwell

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A potential new member of the forum reads this thread…..

aracer
    Free Member

The point is oob, this is where justification in a legal sense related to libel comes in. If somebody is a repetitive liar and you point out they are a repetitive liar is that an insult/ad-hom?

zokes
    Free Member

As long as they call out what he said, and not him personally none of the above.

There becomes a point when a person’s style of argument becomes inextricably linked to their persona. When it’s as ingrained as Jamba has made his, I’m really not sure the onus is on the people who’ve had to put up with his **** for months to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Nico
    Free Member

If you don’t step back from it then you will likely be moderated.

“probably”, shirley. Or it is likely that you will be moderated.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Always thought Jamba just said what he felt and or believed in (at least the impression I got but then again I barely manage to keep up with the political threads)- you can choose to ignore it and move no?. Though as Cougar says

What’s not alright is for it to turn into personal insults and abuse, or for everyone to gang up for a round of Jamba-kicking

outofbreath
    Free Member

“And Cougar, while your honourable attempt to highlight victim blaming is noted, replace “rape victim” with “belligerent football hooligan” and you’d have a more accurate analogy.”

If you’re telling yourself that you’re not bullying because the person you’re attacking deserves it you can be pretty sure you’re bullying.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“somebody is a repetitive liar and you point out they are a repetitive liar is that an insult/ad-hom?”

It’s an ad-hom – some who lies a lot can’t be discounted because this time they might be telling the truth. You have to refute what they say or if you can’t do that easily, just request evidence.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just write “cite” instead.

😆

Soz, “#jambafact” is far less waste of typing time.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘Where's @TeamHurtMore’ is closed to new replies.